Swipe down to Reply

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Hawky, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Hawky macrumors newbie

Just curious if anyone knows will other apps be able to do this other than iMsg? Stuff like Kik, Whatsapp, Skype. Or is there some technical limitation?

Love the feature, really is useful and would love to be able to use it for other apps too.

Thanks in advance.

2. mreddys10 macrumors regular

They can as long as the developers update those app to enable the feature.

3. Hawky thread starter macrumors newbie

Awesome thanks, wasnt sure if it would just be an iMsg only feature, thanks for the reply :)

4. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

No, it's not an open API. Other apps can add buttons for extra actions when you swipe down but not a text field for quick replies.

5. mreddys10 macrumors regular

Oops. You seem to be right. They can only add actionable buttons, but not reply text field. Thanks for the clarification.

6. Hawky thread starter macrumors newbie

Well that sucks ha, thanks though!

7. fardeenah macrumors regular

if this is true , then it sucks :( i want my messaging apps to have quick reply

8. FrozenInferno macrumors regular

I hope ebay gives you the ability to bid again when you're outbid or respond to offers, that kind of stuff. High hopes for the ebay widget too as I use eBay a lot.

9. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

Don't worry...
    In iOS 9, we worked from the ground up to deliver a truly unique experience. For the first time ever, you can quick reply from 3rd party app notifications...