swipe scrolling seriously sucks

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by zombiecakes, Oct 22, 2013.

1. zombiecakes macrumors regular

anyone else having ultra sucky scrolling? like it just stops scrolling randomly or takes multiple swipes to start scrolling, as if you arent making contact with the touch pad?

2. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

OMG, this is a seriously annoying bug for me. It seems if I use a three finger swipe to reveal Mission Control and then use Safari, my ability to scroll using two fingers is killed. Quitting Safari and restarting seems to correct the issue, at least until you happen to look at Mission Control again. I have a 13" rMBP. Is anyone else experiencing this bug?

Somewhat related, when I use the three finger swipe-up to reveal the Mission Control, I have to lift my fingers and then swipe-down to exit. Before it was dynamic and I could swipe up AND down to reveal and exit in one motion, useful to just see what all open windows look like.

3. josh.b macrumors regular

3 finger swipe in launchpad is a bit finicky too. I am sure it will get sorted out in a mild bug fix

4. guitarman777 macrumors regular

guitarman777

Yeah, I'm noticing some wonkiness with scrolling as well. There's a little bit of a weird response when keeping continuous contact with the trackpad in Safari, like the trackpad is wayyy more sensitive than it used to be. More noticeable on pages that need horizontal scrolling, it "jumps" a bit when I stop moving my fingers on the trackpad and I realized it was following the infinitesimally small movement of my fingers. Odd.

With Launchpad, is this what you're talking about, how it gets "stuck" when swiping?

5. DisplacedMic macrumors 65816

not to threadjack, but i really wish they had never gotten rid of the swype for com-tab in the first place. i know that mission control is effectively the same thing but i LOVED being able to bring up the com-tab with my fingers and then using arrows or swiping between programs. they got rid of that in lion and here we are 3 OSXs later and i STILL miss it.
    Especially since they didn't replace it with anything new - they just got rid of it. the three finger and 4 finger swipe do the same: launch pad and/or mission control.
    i know there are work-arounds both native (mission control) and apps (bettertouch, magicmouseprefs etc) but i still miss the swipe feature...

am i the only one?

6. skyehigh macrumors member

Have the same problem .

7. Broojo02 macrumors member

Broojo02

Yep, this annoys me greatly.

8. definitive macrumors 68000

definitive

I have the same exact issue with LaunchPad after a clean install of Mavericks. Not sure what's going on, or how to fix it.

9. TC400 macrumors 6502a

TC400

The only swiping issue I am having is in Safari I can't swipe back using my magic mouse.

10. guitarman777 macrumors regular

guitarman777

You have to go into System Prefs > Mouse and re-enable this option. Simple fix, I did the same thing.

----------

I'm not sure either. I brought it up with an AppleCare tech earlier today, and then I submitted it as a bug report. I thought it may have been related to horizontal scrolling overall with the swipe motion, but I haven't been able to reproduce the issue anywhere besides Launchpad.

Well, it's the initial release, so there are bound to be bugs. It's been that way for every OS X v_XX.0 that I've done. We just gotta deal for a bit until things get sorted out for 10.9.1 (or more likely 10.9.0.1 :D).

11. TC400, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2013

TC400 macrumors 6502a

TC400

I will def give this a try when I get home. Thank you!

12. zombiecakes thread starter macrumors regular

I also get the extremely sensitive scrolling, just having your fingers on the pad causes it to scroll a little

13. iraklis9 macrumors newbie

To anyone having scrolling issues, why don't you file a bug report in order for apple to fix this issue in the next update?

14. lwilliams macrumors regular

lwilliams

I have the Launchpad side scrolling issue too. Will gladly file a bug report if someone tells me how to do this.

15. TC400 macrumors 6502a

TC400

That fixed it thanks!

16. dchassin macrumors newbie

Scrolling stops working at random

The scrolling problem on my iMac 27 seems to be intermittent and affects different apps in different ways. For example, I might lose the ability to one-finger scroll vertically in Finder but I can still two-finder swipe the desktop horizontally. I also might have no scrolling in Finder and Adobe Reader while it still works in Firefox.

So far no luck with settings or finding a pattern of open apps that consistently gives rise to the misbehavior. Also no luck with the Apple Support. Restarting the system seems to be the only way to fix it.

I am anxious to hear when anyone has a solution though. Restarting every 10 minutes or putting up with no scrolling seems to be my only options.