Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tomtendo

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 29, 2009
Florida
I just got a new MBA and I have never had a multi-touch mac before. I saw once that you can swipe finger gestures to go from tab to tab in safari. How do I do that?

tomtendo

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 29, 2009
Florida
I don't know right now, but as far as I remember, the two finger swipe is reserved for going back and forth in Safari (equivalent of Command ü Arrow Left or Arrow Right). Take a look at BetterTouchTool if you can change that.

What do you mean reserved to go back and fourth?

I wanted to be able to go back and fourth from my different tabs...

Sorry, I'm a little confused.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
What do you mean reserved to go back and fourth?

I wanted to be able to go back and fourth from my different tabs...

Sorry, I'm a little confused.

Safari toolbar
29nujb9.png

Two finger swipe left, same as in "Back" (also triggered via pressing Command + ArrowLeft or just the Backspace key on the keyboard or right clicking in the Safari window and selecting "Back" from the contextual menu)
2yzc00m.png

15x09pf.png

Two finger swipe right, same as in "Forward" (also triggered via pressing Command + ArrowRight or right clicking in the Safari window and selecting "Forward" from the contextual menu)
ddp8np.png

2m6o6ls.png

Three finger swipe left can be assigned to "Select Previous Tab" via BetterTouchTool, but it is also triggered via Control + Shift + Tab on the keyboard
raq1rr.jpg

Three finger swipe right can be assigned to "Select Next Tab" via BetterTouchTool, but it is also triggered via Control + Tab on the keyboard
k38ydk.png

Example of BetterTouchTool gestures
29liarn.png

I'm not sure how you mean to set it up... can you run this thru with me?
Did the above help?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.