Swipe to leave article in Zite for iOS 7

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Semester, Sep 20, 2013.

?

Was Zite correct in removing the option to swipe to leave an article?

1. Yes, this change was for the better

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, they should have kept the swipe

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Semester macrumors regular

Semester

So once again Zite has removed the option to swipe to leave an article. Instead you have to go to the bottom left corner and press the x.

The funny thing is that the removed the swipe option two versions ago, then brought it back in the previous update but now they are removing it again.

I for one am really let down by this, i loved the swipe option. I can't see the benefit of removing this option, have many people accidentally swiped right and left an articale? I doubt it, the animation tells you pretty clearly that you are about to leave the article before the fact.

Just the other day I was bothered by how tedious it is to handle Pulse with all the clicking in that app. Now Zite is (again) moving in the tedious cumbersome direction. But I don't know, perhaps people are happy about this move? I figure they must be otherwise this change is just mindblowingly stupid, especially since they have goge down this road before and reversed.

2. Semester thread starter macrumors regular

Semester

Ah, my mistake!

They have inplemented the same go back functionality as Apple has in their core apps. That is you swipe from the left bezel to go back. Good stuff!