iPhone X "Swipe up" fatigue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by orev, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Ifti macrumors 68020

Ifti

hmmm, I cant get this to work...
    will see if I can find a video showing it!
    Thanks dude!

EDIT: I get what you mean - like this : http://www.idownloadblog.com/2017/11/17/iphone-x-app-switcher-secret-gesture/

That opens the multitasking view - I don't like having to hold on an open app for a second in the multitasking view before you get the option to actually close it...

2. m0sher, Mar 5, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2018

m0sher macrumors 6502

m0sher

With any new motion, especially repetitive ones, I’m sure they’ll be some muscle fatigue if you don’t use that motion often. Kind of like when you switch to a new keyboard or a new mouse, it has that break in period to acclimate.

However since there’s no button resistance in actually swiping up like there is when you depress a button, I can’t see how you experiencing fatigue. Perhaps it’s just your hand being held up that’s making you fatigued.

I find the motion of swiping easier.

[​IMG]

3. garrym13 macrumors member

I actually did not mean this as a troll. I use my phone all day (podcast, messages, audiobooks, social media, etc) and I have never thought, "man this swiping business is causing me fatigue." I meant it as come on, if this is what is a complaint about the phone then wow. I personally do not need a buzz or sound to let me know that I closed an app. My eyes tell me that.

4. Ffosse macrumors 68000

They should just have made it swipe up and to the side to close an app - I dislike the red corners, but that's nitpicking, everything else about the gestures I like.