Swipe

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jcs77, Feb 8, 2010.

1. jcs77 macrumors newbie

Lately, I have been losing the ability to use the swipe feature on both my magic mouse and macbook pro trackpad.

I have no clue what could be causing this since nothing has changed on my machine. Any ideas?

3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    4 GB Ram
    500 GB 7200

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Have you tried repairing the permissions via Disk Utility?

How sporadic is that behaviour?

3. jcs77 thread starter macrumors newbie

It seems like it has been happening every other day or so for the last week. I tried the obvious stuff like unpairing the mouse but that did not seem to help.

Need to try the disk utility now...

4. nigameash macrumors 6502

Do you have any other software related to the trackpad or magic mouse that might be interfering with it? I use bettertouchtool and if you don't set it properly, you can have problems.

5. Aar0n macrumors newbie

6. jcs77 thread starter macrumors newbie

A while back I did install both bettertouchtool and that other touch mouse program that engadget did a feature on. Since then, I have removed both. I wonder if there are still some residual files floating around...

Also, I did try the repair permissions and a restart. This seemed to fix things last night from home and in the morning (connected to my cinema display and wireless keyboard at work). Now that I am back home just on the laptop, swipe has stopped working again.

7. jcs77 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have been reading that others are also having this issue. I tried deleting a library preferences file but that only worked temporarily. This is really annoying. Anybody else found a solution?