SwipeSelection Available in Cydia

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by tctony, May 6, 2012.

1. tctony macrumors 6502a

tctony

Surprised not to see a topic about this here.

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2012/05/05/swipeselection-cydia/

SwipeSelection, a tweak based off a iOS concept video that made its way around the web recently was released yesterday in Cydia.

It allows you to quickly move your text cursor by making a swiping gesture on your keyboard or select text by holding shift+swiping.

There are a few bugs: it doesn't work in all apps yet, and it has caused my cursor to jump a few times.

All in all, this is really good tweak.

2. 0m3ga macrumors 6502

There is a topic on it. It's in the iPad section, sinse this tweak was really designed for the iPad's big keyboard.

So far, this tweak works with Reminders, Notepad and Tweetbot/twitter. Doesn't work with web browsers or Pages. Hopefully, they can get those to work in an upcoming update.

3. MastahRiz macrumors 6502

I use it as well, pretty awesome tweak. Handier on the iPad than iPhone but still great on either device and definitely better than the stock text editing solution. Love the fact that it's free, too.

4. tctony thread starter macrumors 6502a

tctony

Works with some other apps for me. biteSMS, Alien Blue to name a few.

5. 0m3ga macrumors 6502

Tweak updated ow works in web browsers and it is so much easier to make changes to mistakes I make in posts like this one on a bbs. this app just plain rocks!

6. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Finally! A cool tweak that also works on iOS4.

7. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Still haven't updated huh? :p

8. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Still holding on, still going strong.

9. sh0ebox macrumors member

I like it but it interferes with my ability to slide my finger from the sym key to punctuation marks for quick selection (no longer possible with this tweak). If they could make it work with that, then I will re-download.

10. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i also feel like when typing really fast the phone registers my finger sliding so it moves the cursor sometimes. not a big deal but that has happened a couple times to me.

11. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Yeah that's happened to me a couple times and it's annoying but not enough for me to uninstall this tweak.

12. 0m3ga macrumors 6502

Remember, while this tweak does work on the iphone, it was designed for the ipad's larger keyboard.