SwirlyMMS correct o2 settings?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vincebio, Mar 7, 2008.

1. vincebio macrumors 6502a

vincebio

anyone successfully using this on o2 in the UK?

Ive tried so many times to get it to work but seems to always fail with the proxy settings...

if someone could post the correct full settings, i would be very grateful.

the settings listed by the developer and on other websites does not work on o2....

thanks v

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Hi Vince. I'm on o2 as well. I can send(I know that because my balance goes down!), but nothing arrives at the other end, and I can receive successfully. You might like to look at my thread here:

http://forum.macformat.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=14389

3. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

OK!!! I've just successfully sent an MMS on o2 PAYG by changing the "o" in "o2" as in here: MMSC: mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002, to a capital "O" to read "O2".

I got the standard Apple "swoooosh" as it was sent, and the sent message appeared in the SwirlyMMS message list.

4. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

i've just tried this and still keep getting "could not connect to proxy" :(

any other ideas?

5. TINCAN78 macrumors regular

i can send (o2 contract not iphone myself) but when i receive a mms i just get the standard o2 you have a mms to download visit this page...

Any ideas ?

6. AlecEdworthy macrumors 6502

AlecEdworthy

You need to contact O2 Customer Services and ask them to provision your account for MMS - basically it tells their systems to forward the MMS data to the phone rather than send the SMS telling you to go to the website and view it there.

Warning: If you have your account provisioned for MMS but do NOT have an MMS capable phone (as the iPhone is as standard without SwirlyMMS) then when you are sent an MMS nothing happens at the phone end as it does not understand the data from O2 and you get no warning, notification or message.

As for settings, I am on a pay monthly contract and use these:

MMSC and Proxy Server Settings
    MMSC: http://mmsc.mmsc.o2.co.uk:8002
    Proxy: 193.113.200.195:8080

MMS-specific APN Settings
    APN: wap.o2.co.uk
    Username: o2wap
    Password: password

Image size: Medium

I can confirm that these work and allow me to send messages (I just sent one from my iPhone to my Orange UK phone). SwirlyMMS only sent the first 17 characters of the "Title:" field (or Orange UK truncated it at that point, one or the other) and as I cannot find a Body or Message box you are limited to sending pictures and a few characters of words from what I can see.

Alec

7. TINCAN78 macrumors regular

so o2 were meant to swicth on mms yesterday. I can still send mms but cannot receive them. I still get the same o2 normal text to download the mms online.

Any ideas, do you think mms has not been swicthed on? or something else?. I know that i cannot see the Edge settings under data roaming etc like some people so cannot check the settings but as i can send i think they are ok?

Thanks

8. TINCAN78 macrumors regular

so called o2 they say they can see my sim in a iPhone and they cannot senfd mms settings/make provision for mms as their system will not give them that option. He told me to get a mms compatiable phone and then it will automatically be picked up by o2 and mms swithced on...

Anyone else know a way around this, would sticking the sim in another phone sending a mms and then swopping back sort it ??

9. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

OK, I'm on o2 PAYG, my settings in the SwirlyMMS settings are:
    MMSC: mmsc.mms.O2.co.uk:8002
    Proxy: 193.113.200.195:8080

Note: If I put in http://, it doesn't work. Also note the capital"O" in O2, as it doesn't work with a small "o".

My APN settings are:
    APN: payandgo.o2.co.uk
    Username: payandgo
    Password: password

I'm using SwirlyMMs 0.3.8

10. barryboy1978 macrumors newbie

Got MMS working on UK O2!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm using a 16gb iphone 1.1.4 on an O2 iphone contract. I just messed about with some setting i found on the net & finally got it working! Here are the working settings!

MMSC = mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8802
    PROXY = 193.113.200.195:8080
    APN = wap.o2.co.uk
    USERNAME = o2wap
    PASSWORD = password

As MMS is not included in my contract i dont know how this will effect my monthly bill! Let me know if you get it working!

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

When is AT&T gonna put up something like that?
    That viewmymessage site sucks bad.

12. Kymberlinaaa macrumors newbie

ok so i have the application now, but i'm on an o2 monthly contract and was wondering if anyone else was who could tell me about the price. I don't fancy having extra charges on top of the bill i'm paying so if you've used this application before and have been billed already please let me know :)

13. AlecEdworthy macrumors 6502

AlecEdworthy

1 MMS == 4 SMS from your free bundle, 25p per MMS thereafter

If you have a bundle of free text messages (which you will have as all contracts have them now) then it is 4 text message units per MMS (i.e. sending one MMS reduces your remaining number of text messages by four). After you've used all your free text message bundle then it is 25p per MMS.

Shop Monthly Tariffs: http://www.o2.co.uk/mobilestariffs/tariffs/paymonthly/paymonthlytariffs

Online Monthly Tariffs: http://shop.o2.co.uk/tariffs/18_months

Alec

14. Ol!ver macrumors 6502a

Has anyone got this working on a 3G then ? I'm getting various errors.