SWISH issues

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by thegriot, Aug 29, 2007.

1. thegriot macrumors newbie

i've been using swish for a couple of years. (drives me NUTS that they refuse to make a mac version - but i digress. sigh.)

for the first time - i'm using swish in bootcamp/xp. 2 new swish files i've created REFUSE to act right in IE. i've exported the flash files from v8 down to 4 and back- no luck.

the only different factor is that i'm using swish via bootcamp instead of on a pc. here's the website where the flash banners wont show up in IE:

http://www.soulciti.com/news.php

in IE - it only shows up as 2 black spaces, one at the top beneath the header, and the 2nd banner in the right column.

the kick in the head is that there are 2 other flash banners that people have no problem seeing - the banner ad for mitchie's in the middle of the page (exported to ver5 of flash - created w/ swish on a pc) and the first banner in the right column (created w/ flash on a pc and exported to ver7 of flash).

so ive scoured the web and this forum - and have not been able to find any known issues btwn bootcamp and swish.

heeeeeeeeelp me! what am i missing??

ps: in the silver lining in every cloud dept - i had never heard of fusion. had plenty of time to read all about it and im downloading it now to install.

2. thegriot thread starter macrumors newbie

Disregard...

...managed to solve my own mystery.

it's been a long minute since ive created a flash banner in swish. i forgot that for some inexplicable reason why (someone wiser than me - PLEASE do tell!) the .swf file has to be in the same directory with the html page in order for the banner to show up and work right in IE on a pc. even with the proper pointing of the url - for me - the files wont work unless they are in the same directory as the html page.

i leave this bread crumb in the hope that future newbies wont have to wander these deep dark cyber halls in desperation.

peace out. :D