Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

El3ctronics

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 30, 2011
NYC
I signed up for the iPhone Upgrade Program when the iPhone 6S Plus launched last September. I'm currently on a month to month contract with AT&T so would I be able to switch to another carrier now or am I locked in until the full 12 months is up and I get a new device? Also, would my current phone (which I believe is unlocked through the program) work with Verizon or not? Thanks.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
iPhone's purchased through the IUP are unlocked. However, considering that Verizon is CDMA and AT&T is GSM, you may not be able to take advantage of all of the LTE bands (someone can correct me if I'm wrong).

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
iPhone's purchased through the IUP are unlocked. However, considering that Verizon is CDMA and AT&T is GSM, you may not be able to take advantage of all of the LTE bands (someone can correct me if I'm wrong).
I believe it (LTE bands) isn't really much of an issue between those carriers since iPhone 5s or 6 days.

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2010

Going to AT&T from Verizon with an iPhone wouldn't be any issues since it's the same model.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.