Switch color? 14 or 30 days?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RKilbane20, Jul 10, 2009.

1. RKilbane20 macrumors 6502a

My iPhone as a messed up home bottom and if apple doesnt fix it today when I got in can i just say I want to exchange my phone for white since its under 30 days? Should I bring the just the phone or the whole box?

2. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Why wouldn't they fix it for you? They will give you the same color. There should be no reason they wouldn't replace it.

3. RKilbane20 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm sure they will. I heard people switching colors when they go in for repairs. Hopefully it will work.

4. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Hmm. I don't know where you have heard that from. Apple reps dont usually do that because they will be lead to believe you are just using the defect as a reason to get a different color, and they are not obligated to give you a new color. What you can do, and I dont approve of it, but you can do it, is return the phone, pay the restocking fee, and then buy the other color.

5. Ingster macrumors 6502

Ingster

When you go in and speak with the genius, explain the fault and if they are going to replace it, ask if you can be cheeky and swap colours, if it's a sorry but no, go on the track of paying restock fee.

Personally i don't see why you'd want to switch colours if you REALLY hate it buy an incase slider, hardly noticable and you can choose loads of colours not just black and white, and if you get bored you can buy another colour without worrying if apple will replace and swap etc.

I mean c'mon dude IT'S THE SAME FRICKING PHONE UNDERNEATH!!!!

and as whacko said ...................................... It don't matter if you're black or white!