Switch from 11" MBA + MBP to 13" MBA?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by No-Me, Aug 1, 2011.

1. No-Me macrumors 6502a

Hi,

I've got a 2010 11" that I use on the road, on the couch and when traveling abroad. At home I have a 15" MBP attached to a 27" ACD. Right now I hate having the trouble of syncing data to both machines.

It looks like the 13" i7 could replace both machines, anyone did the 11" to 13" switch and what do you think portability-wise?

:)

Nom

2. Kendo macrumors 68000

Consider the money you spent for the MacBook Pro and the 11" MacBook Air combined.

Then consider the amount of money you would lose in order to get the new 13" MacBook Air.

Is that money you lose worth not having to sync data? Or is it worth going through the hassle of syncing the data in order to save that amount?

If the MacBook Pro is relatively new (since you didn't disclose the exact model), I would just keep both. After all, once Ivy Bridge and USB 3.0 (I hope) hit the new Airs, you're going to want the new model then too.

3. OSMac macrumors 65816

4. sprockett macrumors member

just go for it... i came from an LCD + not so portable laptop + IPAD, and am now using a 13 inch MBA.

i dont tough the ipad or desktop ANYMORE.

mba 13 comes with me EVERYWHERE.

AT HOME: dinner table, toilet doing business, couch watching TV, on my bed in the room
    EVERYWHERE ELSE: starbucks, to work, in the car, etc!

This beast is not just a desktop replacement, its truly an anytime / anywhere laptop. 13 inches is more than enough to get real work done (programming, word processing, emails etc), so I don't even feel the need to go bad to the desktop.

5. adnoh macrumors 6502a

adnoh

You are probably eating and sleeping in faecal matter.

6. sprockett macrumors member

haha u funny guy

7. h00ligan macrumors 68030

8. adnoh macrumors 6502a

adnoh