Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sidhom831

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2014
Not sure if this was obvious or if it would help, but I contacted the Apple store about my in-store pickup for the 64gb space grey iphone 6 and they said if I changed my mind I would be able to switch to the iphone 6 plus without having to wait in the non pre-order line if they had still had them in stock. Just thought I'd let anyone know in case they preordered the 6 but still wanted to make their decision when you can finally hold both in your hands and potentially decide on which device without having to wait a month (for 6 plus)!

Taco1933

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2014
Not sure if this was obvious or if it would help, but I contacted the Apple store about my in-store pickup for the 64gb space grey iphone 6 and they said if I changed my mind I would be able to switch to the iphone 6 plus without having to wait in the non pre-order line if they had still had them in stock. Just thought I'd let anyone know in case they preordered the 6 but still wanted to make their decision when you can finally hold both in your hands and potentially decide on which device without having to wait a month (for 6 plus)!

If they have them in stock is probably the key phrase there.

sfwalter

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Dallas Texas
I was at the Willowbend Apple Store in Plano Texas yesterday and they had carboard cut outs of the 6 and 6 plus. I really surprised they did something like that at the Apple store.

sidhom831

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2014
If they have them in stock is probably the key phrase there.

This is my first time doing a store pickup so correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the store pickup line be much quicker and shorter than the non- preorder line? So, if you get there early enough, you're essentially cutting that entire line?

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
This is my first time doing a store pickup so correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the store pickup line be much quicker and shorter than the non- preorder line? So, if you get there early enough, you're essentially cutting that entire line?
I did the store pickup for the 5S about 4 days after launch last year. I showed up after work about a half hour before closing and there was a good 20-25 people on line I would say. Took about a half hour before I was seen and I was done in a few minutes. Picked out a case and got rang up. Person helping me didn't open the box or anything. Depending on where you live the line could be pretty long depending on how many people were able to get a reserve completed. The line will definitely be shorter than those who didn't preorder but I don't think it's gonna be a quick process.

Taco1933

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2014

The only time I've ever done it, I didn't go pick mine up til after 5pm. The only stock they had at that point was other reserved phones. If you're going to be there right when they open anyway, why bother with the preorder?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.