All iPads Switch From Android Back To Apple

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sliderking, May 31, 2014.

1. sliderking macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I've been a member since 2011 but have been using Android products until recently. I am selling my Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 and going back to the Ipad Air. I've realized that as far as tablets go there is nothing Android has that can compare to the experience of the Ipad.

I am very much want to jailbreak my device once I purchase it and my question is, can you provide me with some good websites or youtube channels that deals with jailbreaking, themes and tweaks and modding of my ipad.

Thanks for the help.

2. miketheappleguy macrumors regular

What do you do with an ipad that you can't do with a note pro? And why jailbreak an ipad? Does that not void the warranty and leave yourself open to viruses. Kind of contradicts the purpose to me.

3. sliderking thread starter macrumors newbie

It's has nothing to do with what can be done on the Note Pro compared to the ipad, my deciding factor is how a lot of android tablet apps render on the screen. Apple has tons of apps that are made for the ipad, but a lot of android apps are just stretched out versions of the phone apps. For instance Facebook, the android app just stretches everything out to fill the page. The pictures are huge and grainy...compared to the ipad its a bad tablet experience.

My Note Pro is rooted and every android device before that has been rooted and all of my apple devices before those have been jailbroken. Never had a virus, never had a warranty issue, and I understand that rooting/jailbreaking voids the warranty but that's something that anyone who loves to mod or tweak there device thinks about and understands is a risk.

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

For jailbreak info, go to the jailbreak subforum.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105

In order to jailbreak, you'll need to find an iPad that is still on 7.0.x. 7.1 is not jailbreakable, and once you are on 7.1, you cannot downgrade.

5. sliderking thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I see the jailbreaking forum now...sorry I missed that earlier. Thanks for the jailbreaking info.