Switch from SL to Leopard, Keep BootCamp?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by nullx86, Oct 5, 2009.

1. nullx86 macrumors 6502a

nullx86

Ok, I am getting sick OF SL screwing up and giving me beachballs, so I want to up/down-grade (however you see it) back to Leopard. Problem is I have Windows 7 installed via BootCamp with all my games, and I dont want to reinstall all that. If I reinstall Leopard, do I just install over SL or do I have to install on the whole hard drive and then reinstall Win7 and my games in Bootcamp?

2. opeter macrumors 65816

opeter

For Bootcamp you have a second partition, right?
    The installation of Leopard will not affect it.

But I recommend you, that you erase/format the whole partition (do not forget to backup your data!), where Snow Leopard is, so you'll have a clear partition for Leopard.

3. nullx86 thread starter macrumors 6502a

nullx86

Yeah two partitions, 1 200GB for Windows, the other 440GB for OS X. So format my OSX Partition, then install Leopard from the disks that came with my iMac, then just restore the system via Time Machine? For reloading my files, do I need to actually restore them or manually do it (i was under the impression that Time Machine backed up /System/Library/Extensions and restoring a 10.6.1 SLE on to a 10.5.8 would cause problems wouldnt it?)?

4. opeter macrumors 65816

opeter

Yes, that's right. It is better to manually copy your files to an external HDD.