Switch from U.S. iTunes to other country keeping same I.D.

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by patent10021, Sep 28, 2013.

1. patent10021 macrumors 68030

patent10021

I am on US iTunes now to use iTunes Radio / iTunes Match.

When iTunes Match and rRadio becomes available in Japan and I change my US address to my Japanese address will iTunes/Apple Japan inherit the US acct info like matched iTM songs and iTunes radio stations? It's still the same Apple ID (for iTunes store) so it should wouldn't you think?

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Doubt it since copyright holders and contracts will be deferent in another country.

3. Rigby macrumors 601

iTunes won't let you change the country associated with your account if you have an active Match subscription (or active TV show season passes).

4. patent10021 thread starter macrumors 68030

patent10021

Really? Interesting. I'm using iTR in Japan because I have a US iTunes acct but I guess I better wait until iTM and iTR are officially in my country. I have the feeling this is going to take a while. Maybe a x-mas surprise - iTM / iTR in the usual G7 circle.

5. imhereareyou macrumors regular

imhereareyou

You might keep the same ID but it will change what music and movies are available in your country... It is a drag...