Switch from Verizon and get an AT&T refurbished 3GS now?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by macman7002, Mar 11, 2010.

1. macman7002 macrumors regular

Hey!

So, I am currently on Verizon and am having a horrible time with my phones and customer service from them and have decided to make the switch to AT&T for the iPhone sometime soon.

I realize that the WWDC is not too far away and that that is when the new iPhone could be announced and/or released. What I am wondering is should I get an AT&T refurbished 16GB 3GS and get a case and screen cover for it now?

If I really want or "need" the next iPhone, I could sell my refurb phone with case and screen protecter, but how much do you think I could sell that package for come June?

The thought of sticking with Verizon for another 4-5 months to wait for the new iPhone doesn't thrill me at all. Although, it is an option available to me if you all really think I should just wait.

Also, does anyone have any good or bad experiences with purchasing AT&T refurbished iPhones?

Thanks everyone!!

2. Hmac macrumors 68020

3. mpshay macrumors 6502

No problem with the refurb I purchased. It's been working flawleslly for well over a year.

4. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

ATT has their own issues (ie dropped-call-o-rama), so you're exchanging one set of pains for another.

That said, I too have had refurb iPhones and zero trouble with them.

As far as reselling - right when the 4G comes out, the market will flood with 3GS's (and prices will plummet), so hold on to it for a few months before jumping into an upgrade.