Switch from Verizon to AT&T?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Yeah Man, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Yeah Man macrumors member

I am currently on Verizon and am enticed by AT&T's apparently faster data speeds. I am tempted to switch to AT&T. Independent of the fact that data speeds may be more quick, can anyone add any input? I am in Santa Barbara, if that helps.

2. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

Well theoretically they will be faster. If you're really interested in switching, I say wait until they get in consumer's hands to actually test what the speeds are.

3. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Rule number one when buying any cell phone service.

Choose the carrier that has the best coverage in your area. Then choose the phone.

I happen to be lucky enough to live in an area well served by both AT&T and Verizon. I use both because I happen to like both iPhones and Android phones.

I rate the carriers very closely with AT&T slightly better due to GSM technology, a much faster data network, and slightly better customer service.

Verizon also tends to be more expensive over the long haul (years).

Competition is so keen it keeps both carriers doing their best.

4. NoHo macrumors 6502

Fast downloads mean nothing when you're on a tiered data plan. Especially now that these smartphones are becoming more advanced and faster.

Personally, I would go with wherever you can get an unlimited data plan. If you're still on your unlimited data plan with Verizon, I would stay with them. I've been with AT&T since I got my 3GS and will be staying with them since I can keep my unlimited data plan, but if I couldn't, I would go to Sprint.