Switch Iphone 3g to Pay as you go AT&T?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mysteriouskk, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Mysteriouskk macrumors member

I've had my iphone 3g since launch, and I'm wondering if I can pay less for my phone/month since I don't use my minutes too often. I prolly use less than 50 minutes/month. First is there a way I can switch my number that I'm using now to pay as you go? and second, can I get 3g with unlimited data as well?

How much is 50 minutes/month?

2. Mysteriouskk thread starter macrumors member

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

According to recient news, you can use a Go-Phone SIM once the iPhone is activated, so if you want to pay an ETF you can certainly switch it. Or, try calling customer service and explain your situation, and that you want to keep the phone and continuing to give them your business and that you'd like to only get 100 minutes a month with the unlimited data or convert to a Go-Phone with Unlimited Data.

TEG

4. Inukami macrumors 6502

you should probably mention that the "Go-Phone SIM" is only available if you unlock the iPhone right? You can't use prepaid as an option in the USA. I think they have the plan in the UK...

Also ATT will not switch your service to anything but the minimum $69.99 because they suck. They will tell you sure you can get 100minutes but you will still have to pay the minimum iPhone prices.