Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LonderJan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 25, 2015
See

I have all my Philips Hue equipment configured in Homekit.
I have lights turning on using automations in Homekit and Hue Dimmer Switches configured that trigger HomeKit scenes and accessories.

Everything worked flawlessly until today when both my Philips Hue Dimmer Switches stopped working. When I press any of the buttons on my Hue Dimmer Switch, I see them responding in the Home app but the actual scenery/accessories configured behind each button does not get triggered.

My Hue lights themselves keep on working and get triggered through automations configured in HomeKit and when I control them directly in the Home app or by tapping any of the scenes directoRyan.

So the dimmer switch appears to be sending a signal but the actual action behind each button is not triggered.

I’ve tried:
- rebooting the Hue bridge
- removing the remotes from the hue bridge (via the Hue app), resetting both dimmer switches via the reset button on the remotes themselves, adding them again to my hue bridge as new accessoires. When I configure an action inside the hue app behind any of the buttons this works. When I choose “Configure in another app” in the Hue app and the configure actions behind the buttons in the Home app, I get the behaviour as seen in the video.

This all worked fine for months.

Apple support forum post: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253520750?login=true&page=1
Other people experiencing this same issue: https://www.reddit.com/r/HomeKit/comments/qaiged

Last edited:

LonderJan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 25, 2015
Rebooting my router resolved this issue for a couple of hours and then it re-appears.

Last edited:

LonderJan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 25, 2015
Replaced the batteries in the Hue Dimmer Switches and put the Hie bridge and router on a timer so they reboot everyday. Worked perfectly yesterday, they don’t work anymore today.

I see the switches react in the Home app like you see in the video, but the scenes configured behind the buttons are not triggered. When I open the individual button configuration in the Hole app and tap “Test this action”, the scene gets triggered correctly.

When I configure actions behind the dimmer switches in the Hue app, they work fine.

LonderJan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 25, 2015
Added an Aquara Mini Switch and it behaves exactly the same as the Hue dimmer switch so this is HomeKit related.

LonderJan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 25, 2015
Rebooting the Home Hub (ATV 4K 2nd generatio) does not resolve the issue either.

malcky77

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2019
If this was all working fine for months, then I think a software update on something has screwed up your configuration....most likely an Apple update seeing as things are working within the native app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.