Switch keys french to English

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Macnag, Dec 21, 2011.

  1. Macnag macrumors newbie

    Dec 6, 2006
    I have a Macbook pro (circa 2007) that has a broken key holder. (part the keys snaps into. I have to use extra pressure and on the left side of key. Since often use it for shorcuts I really need it. French keyboards on ebay sell for less than half of English. Can I put in a french keyboard then just swap keys?
  2. Sonhascome macrumors 6502

    Feb 18, 2010
    I'm not sure about this. However I will say that replacing keys is a huge pain in the butt. To me it wouldn't be worth all that time
  3. thundersteele macrumors 68030

    Oct 19, 2011
    Have you ever looked at a french keyboard? It's not just about swapping "Y" and "Z". All the special characters are at different locations. Those can't be just swapped, because they are printed on the number keys.
  4. snazzyiphoneguy macrumors member

    Dec 21, 2011
  5. hotgrease macrumors regular

    Feb 14, 2010
    If you're talking about just using the keyboard holder I don't see why that wouldn't work unless some of the key sizes/locations are different.

Share This Page