Switch now or wait?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hyr, Jan 15, 2010.

  1. Hyr macrumors member

    Hyr

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2010
    Location:
    Ohio
    #1
    Currently with Big Red. No issues with them other than the fact that they don't have the iPhone, and no solid evidence that they will in the near future.

    Currently using a BB Storm that I got on launch and while I don't hate the phone, I don't love it either.

    I'm considering switching to ATT because I recently found out that if I switched and got the iPhone I'd be paying $20 less a month with my corporate discount. My contract isn't up till Nov., but I can get out of it for around $100 right now. I'm scared of ATT being shiitty compared to VZ. I've never had a dropped call and I have service everywhere. I live in Columbus, OH if anyone has any first hand experience here.

    I'm torn between getting a 3GS now - Waiting for the 4G - Waiting to see if VZ gets the iPhone so I don't have to switch at all (although it probably would still be more expensive than ATT for a service plan).

    If you were in my shoes what would you do?
     
  2. secretanchitman macrumors 6502

    secretanchitman

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2007
    #2
    i would wait. so many rumors, and the possibility of iphone os 4.0 to come out.
     
  3. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

    STEVESKI07

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2009
    Location:
    Washington, DC
    #3
    If I were in your shoes I'd stick it out a little longer. You're not unhappy so don't jump the gun on anything. If you switched to the iPhone and then a new one comes out between April-July and its far superior, you will regret it.
     
  4. ksoze macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2009
    #4
    Talk to people around you who have AT&T service on any phone. Find neighbors that have AT&T and see if the reception is good where you live, work and commute. The shouting from website postings are less useful and accurate than seeing how they operate in your area from actual users. Check local reception first before falling in love with a phone handset. You do not want to have an expensive brick that also requires a case and a screen protector.
     
  5. hushmartin macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2009
    Location:
    Kansas
    #5
    I would wait for the new iPhone to come out. It's not that long. Before it gets too close to launch, I would ask around about coverage like someone else mentioned. Keep in mind that you will have 30 days to decide once you get it, so if it's truly horrible, you will know in time to switch back. I'm not sure, but I think I recall Verizon being generous (possibly refunding etf?) if you decide to switch back within 30 days. You might call customer service and check.
     
  6. VenusianSky macrumors 65816

    VenusianSky

    Joined:
    Aug 28, 2008
    #6
    Wait for the next iPhone so you can spare us from a future thread titled "I should have waited" :D

    j/k

    Seriously, wait for the next one.
     
  7. labman macrumors 604

    labman

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2009
    Location:
    Mich near Detroit
    #7
    If you can wait wait

    If you can't go get it. Next iPhone should be out in June. Next thread until or until next person ask same question.
     
  8. nburwell macrumors 68040

    nburwell

    Joined:
    May 6, 2008
    Location:
    PHL
    #8
    If you really wanted to switch, you could always get the 3GS now, then when the new iPhone is released, you could always sell your 3GS on eBay/Craig's List and purchase the new iPhone with the cash you get from selling the 3GS.

    But it doesn't really sound like you have any major issue with VZ, so I would stick with them. Unless you really have the urge to get the iPhone now.
     

Share This Page