All iPads Switch off iMessage permanently?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MrMister111, Apr 12, 2018.

1. MrMister111 macrumors 68020

The iPads ok no the house are used by mk out of family. We all have seperate iPhones and are own AppleID.

I know in settings you can turn off iMessage which have on the iPads, but it's just a toggle to re-enable it. Is there a way to stop permanently? Or lo ike Facetime disable in restrictions?

The younger kids are getting more knowledgeable now and it's just an easy toggle to switch iMessage back on, why isn't it in the restrictions as well?

Anyone help me please?
    Thanks

2. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

Not possible if you’re going to use the same Apple ID. iOS devices are really designed for personal use.

The only option I can see is create a new iCloud account for that device, download whatever you like and then sign out of iCloud. That should disable it for iMessage and FaceTime.

And of course don’t share the login details with the people you’d not like to have access to iMessage / FaceTime.

3. mofunk macrumors 68020

mofunk

1. You can monitor their Messager. Create a User account on your MacBook, log into their Messager app. Every time they post something, it will also show up there.

2. Change the passcode to AppleId.

3. Restrict Apps https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201304

4. chabig macrumors 603

Just turn on restrictions and disable account changes. It’s very easy.

5. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68020

Did that and now messages is greyed out and unclickable, great thanks a lot. Wonder why it’s not just like FaceTime in restrictions though.

6. chabig macrumors 603