Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joshuakrey

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
So here is the situation. I ordered my iPhone from Apple.com on July 2 at 5:06 p.m. It says my ship date is July 26 and my delivery date is July 29.

I have been seeing on here that people are ordering iPhones from AT&T and getting it shipped with in a few days.

I'm just wondering if I should cancel my order on Apple.com and switch to AT&T? Apple took the money from my account when I first ordered but it is back, so I have the money still.

Please help!

insidmal

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
Eugene
well you can sit here and talk about it while other people do it, and then you end up as far back in line as you are now, or you can just do it...

apple will most likely ship earlier, but i wouldn't guarantee it, at&t has free overnight shipping so you get it pretty much as soon as they become available

Maaz

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2010
Yeah attnis shipping really fast. My friends sister just got hers today, and my cousin who ordered from apple is still awaiting his despite the earlier order date.

OMGitsNoodle

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2010
I walked into AT&T last week & the guy said i was better off ordering in the store than anywhere else. They tell you it takes -14 days. But he said in all reality it takes about 5 or so. I ordered last Friday, soo hopefully I get it this week.

joshuakrey

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
What's your projected shipping date - any better then apples?

It doesn't really give a **** date. It says from 7-14 days, but not guarenteed. But a lot of people that have ordered from AT&T have said that they have had it ship in only a couple of days.

orangecrushv

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
Dallas
Can we have pending orders on both websites and just cancel the second when the first phone ships? I originally assumed that Apple would be more reliable to ship when it said even though it was longer than the AT&T window, but now I'm also second guessing that choice.

joshuakrey

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
do it. i ordered yesterday at 10am and it was shipped by 10pm tlast night

You are the reason I did it. I saw your thread. I ordered last night at like 10p.m. Mountain Time and it is still backordered. I am hoping it will ship within the next few days though. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.