Switch Primary Line number on Family Plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by netnothing, Jun 15, 2010.

1. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

So I just ordered two new iPhones via AT&T for a new Family Plan. I'm transferring our numbers from our Verizon account.

Going through all the screens, I entered my number as the primary and my wife's as the Line 1. Everything took fine....placed the order, but in the email confirmation, it lists my wife's number as the primary and mine as Line 1.

Anyone know whether AT&T can switch this once we activate? I tend to upgrade more often then my wife, so I'd like to make sure my number is the primary since most carriers tie upgrades to that line.

Thanks.

-Kevin

2. bmms8 macrumors 68020

yes you will be able to, just call them to make the change.

3. netnothing thread starter macrumors 68040

netnothing

Thanks! I know Verizon did that for me once.....was hoping AT&T was the same.

Not sure why AT&T switched them mid-order!

-Kevin

4. topher2889 macrumors regular

topher2889

I've had an att family plan for awhile and am not the primary line. Since we have a fan discount and I think it only applies to the primary line, can I change my number to be primary line and add our voice plan, unlimited family texting, and my iphone 4 data plan to my line. This way we can receive the largest possible discount.

Will this cause us to lose our banked rollover minutes?

Thanks

5. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

Bump this....I know it's old but i'd like to do the same thing. 5 lines in our family plan, mine is eligible for an upgrade but it's not the primary line. The primary line is not eligible for an upgrade. I would like to change mine to primary so that when I get the iPhone 4S, I will be eligible in ~1 year instead of 20 months. Will this affect my unlimited data or rollover mins?

6. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

It's called a TOBR (Transfer Of Billing Responsibility) and should be no problem, but I would suggest doing it in-person at an AT&T store and carefully reading everything before you sign so that if there are problems they'll be easier to dispute.