Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Carrier Switch to another carrier

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
I’m going to switch my wife and I to T-Mobile after 11 years with AT&T on the grandfathered unlimited data plan. The Magenta Plus 55 plan is half what we’re paying AT&T. I had been reluctant to switch to T-Mobile because everyone that I knew on TMobile in DFW hated the service (poor reception and data speed). From what I understand, they’ve improved considerably.

Is there a “right” time to make the switch, like shortly before or after I get my next bill from AT&T? I’m thinking that it’d be best to avoid trying to figure out AT&T’s prorated charges.

chscag

Contributor
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
I'm in the DFW area (been here for more than 30 years) and am on the T-Mobile 55 Plus plan.

I'm sure anywhere you go with any carrier, you may eventually run into dead spots or areas where reception is not so good. I live closer to Fort Worth and get good reception around my area and generally while moving about the overall area.

I keep my phone and the wife's on WiFi reception while at home and never miss a call.

I say go for it and save those $$$. BTW, I have had AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint before switching to T-Mobile some years ago. And have never regretted the switch.

Reactions: Pipper99
Comment

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
I'm in the DFW area (been here for more than 30 years) and am on the T-Mobile 55 Plus plan.

I'm sure anywhere you go with any carrier, you may eventually run into dead spots or areas where reception is not so good. I live closer to Fort Worth and get good reception around my area and generally while moving about the overall area.

I keep my phone and the wife's on WiFi reception while at home and never miss a call.

I say go for it and save those $$$. BTW, I have had AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint before switching to T-Mobile some years ago. And have never regretted the switch.
Thank you! I’m in the NRH/Keller area (been in Ft Worth area my whole life). I appreciate your help 😊

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.