switch to white on black without the desktop image inverting (like in ubuntu)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by marvin*1*2, Mar 10, 2010.

1. marvin*1*2 macrumors member

marvin*1*2

hi
    when pressing ctrl-option-cmd-8 to switch to white on black (in a low-light environment), everything goes into inverse color mode, including the background/desktop picture... which sucks if you have a darkish pic which is then superbright... in ubuntu, switching to inverse colors leaves the background pic alone, any ideas how to tweak OSX to do the same?
    thanks

2. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

3. marvin*1*2 thread starter macrumors member

marvin*1*2

sorry i was not clear enough on this... i want the desktop (background pic) to stay in its original colors either way (in white on black and in black on white mode) so that if i have a darkish wallpaper, it doesn't get superbright when i inverse colors. ok?

4. Denarius macrumors 6502a

Denarius

I think the point that the previous response was making was that if you do an invert in photoshop and set that as your wallpaper, then inverting with cmd+alt+ctrl+8 will give you the background that you expect. You can also adjust the brightness of the image while you're at it. If you don't have photoshop, gimp is a good open-source alternative.

For the sake of curiosity, I've just tried that with my own background image and the image displays identically to the original following a Photoshop invert and the desktop colour invert command.