iPad SwitchEasy Canvas for iPad Air

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Disbchris, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Disbchris macrumors newbie

I have used this case for a few hours now and I absolutely love it! The case will add weight of course but it is not substantial compared to my SwitchEasy Canvas for the iPad 3.

-Auto on/off function works great and I have had no problem with it

-The rubber footing used for the multi-viewing angle feature works better than previous Canvas cases IMO, I had an issue with the footing slipping with my iPad 3

-Gone is the velcro used to attach the polycarbonate shell to the rest of the case, now the case uses a click to lock feature which I like a lot better

-I am not sold on the book mode as it still has a little angle when folded back but I can deal with this

-overall the case does not add significant bulk and I would recommend it! :cool:

Attached Files:

2. Ipadlover29 macrumors 6502a

3. kschles macrumors regular

kschles

Unfortunately the 72 grams was a misprint. According to Switcheasy, the Canvas weighs 10.8 oz.

4. Disbchris thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Zhongie macrumors newbie

That's a big typo! I see they corrected it today. I pre-ordered Canvas based on the 72.2 g. I couldn't believe it in the first place.

Thinking about cancelling my order. Even though I had the Canvas for the iPad 2 and later the revised edition for the iPad 3. I liked them both for their build and looks but the extra weight not so much. I've played with my Air for a few days and I really really like the weight. But I need to have a folio like case the Canvas but a really light one!

Anyone has experience with the Skechbook Folio Case made by Skechit?

http://skechit.com/en/shop/i-pad-air/item/skech-book-1

6. fljoemon macrumors newbie

Heavy ... but great protection

I received the case today and it fits great. However it feels extremely heavy. The iPad Air is not so light anymore. While it offers substantial protection, the weight is definitely a drawback. I had the Roocase origami on the Air before this and that was much lighter, however the protection was not that great. With the Switcheasy case, it is safe to assume that minor drops will not be an issue.

7. kfscoll macrumors 65816

kfscoll

I was all set to get one of these but I don't like the latch that they've replaced the velcro with. I use my iPad in "tablet" mode all the time and continually clipping and unclipping that latch is sure to tear up the edge of the iPad in short order. Oh well.

8. ffnc1020 macrumors member

Same here, it'll be way better if they made it with a fully closed shell and put in an additional latch

9. kentuckymakers macrumors newbie

Anyone experiencing their case sleep/wake magnet not keeping the cover closed as advertised? They sent me a new one after posting a video of the issue and the replacement has the same problem? Just curious if anyone else is experiencing this? The previous ipad 3 and 4 cases that used the new cover without a latch kept closed via the magnet for the sleep wake function. :(

Thanks!