Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cross2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2008

slapppy

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2008
Looks like Switcheasy made some nice improvements over the Rebel with the Neo. It looks like theres an extra plastic middle piece that stops the top and bottom from being flimsy. For those still thinking of getting a Rebel, you might want to wait for this one instead.

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/firstlooks/comments/switcheasy-capsuleneo-for-iphone-3g/

Here's the product link (it looks like the page is still under construction and the purchase link isn't updated yet)
http://switcheasy.com/products/Neo/Neo.html

Thats more like it. Looks like all sides have hard shell support.

ScrewzLuse

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2006
I'll probably end up picking this up. I like my Capsule but this one looks like it could be pretty nice too. I am curious how tight the exoskeleton will hold against the actual body. Pretty nice looking. Now they just need to get it out there. If it weren't for their awesome support, I'd be nervous about buying their first batch but after my good experience with the Rebel and the quick replacements, I'm willing to take a shot when this one drops.

Millah

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2008
Gah I literally just ordered a rebel and recieved it today, saggy bottom and all lol...looks like I'll have to order one of these as well, they look awesome, I really like how it has the soft rubber first layer to prevent scratching when taking it in and out of the case. Awesome.

Rat-Boy

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2008
Georgia
Just FYI..

I like the looks of the Rebel better because the Rebel leaves SOME of the rubber material exposed for better grip.

This one LOOKS like the back is totally plastic, which means it will slide all over the place in my truck on my console, which is a no no.

allurbase

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2008
Just FYI..

I like the looks of the Rebel better because the Rebel leaves SOME of the rubber material exposed for better grip.

This one LOOKS like the back is totally plastic, which means it will slide all over the place in my truck on my console, which is a no no.

The bottom layer on the back of the Rebel doesn't even touch when the phone is on its back since the spine is raised slightly above it. SwitchEasy site describes the I-shaped back part of the Neo as slipfree polyurethane coated so I'd imagine it wouldn't be any more slippery than the rebel.

I prefer the look of the Rebel but the Neo does look like a tighter, more secure fit.

LoMonkey

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2008
Just placed my order for the black one today. I'll post pics comparing it to the Rebel when I get it :)

pyrodex

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I just ordered the white one, I'll post a review also and hope this one doesn't have a saggy bottom issue like the Rebel did.

stevebook

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2007
Do you think you'd need anything else with this case?

Like a BodyGuardz or Invisible Shield? It seems like the case has everything you need, a front screen protector and silicone for the back.

Also, is there a huge advantage to the Anti-Glare screen protectors as opposed to any normal one?

Piarco

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
Londinium
Ordered the black yesterday. I already have a black Rebel and love the look, but find the rubber the thing that gets marked most easily rather than the polycarbonate. No idea on eta yet, haven't has any notification other than the receipt for my PayPal payment...

Nicholie

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2008
Huntsville, Al
Just to make folks aware, I spoke with SwitchEasy via email this morning and confirmed that a clip for both the Rebel and Neo are on the way. For me, this is great news as that is all that has delayed me purchasing the Neo :D

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
Looks really nice. I am just concerned about how much bulk this will add to the phone. I am using the Incase slider now, but would return it if this turns out to not add more bulk than that case does.

Anyone have any ideas?

Piarco

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
Londinium
It'll be exactly the same size as the existing Rebel - and I don't think it bulks out the phone too much. Have a look at the Rebel thread for some pics to give you an idea.

stevebook

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2007
Getting mine this weekend. I'll post some pictures + a small review once it's in my hands.

christf10

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2007
Rockland County, NY
GAH
I just ordered the REBEL...
Oh well, 2 cases never hurt. :D

Ya I just got my Rebel last week. I am on my 4th case already. I can't get another one for a while. Must resist and see what else comes out. I love the rebel though and am very happy with the look and feel of it. Everyone that has seen it also seems to like it a lot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.