SWITCHEASY colors for iPhone 4 REVIEW

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by i3igsmooth5769, Jul 20, 2010.

1. i3igsmooth5769 macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

2. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Nice review. I ordered the Crimson this morning.

3. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I like the case but I don't like the jellybean button. I wish you could get it without that.

4. i3igsmooth5769 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

Thanks

5. i3igsmooth5769 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

Yea many people dont seem to like it....i dont really mind either way...as i mentioned in the review, it does appear smaller then the previous generation case.

6. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

Eight minute video & you were in a hurry? :p

Great job, though! I like the design, but I really wish it wasn't silicone. I'm constantly sliding my phone in/out of my pocket, & silicone makes that a difficult task at times.

7. fender57 macrumors 6502

Post back with a report on the flash.

I will say the shape does look odd like you indicated in the video (due to the shields you already had on the iPhone).

8. i3igsmooth5769 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

yea dont realize how long the video was till after the fact lol....yea let me just tell u...this silicone is real tacky and picks up a massive amount of lint.

9. i3igsmooth5769 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

Flash works perfect with the case :)

10. expressway macrumors member

Agreed. If it has to be there, I wish it was at least the same color as the actual case - from the photos, it just looks like a different shade (lighter pink, darker yellow, etc.) But for $14.99, maybe it's worth living with.

11. Orlandorealtor macrumors regular

Orlandorealtor

I have had a Switcheasy Colors Mican on my Iphone 3gs for a year now. No lint at all. Maybe just the dark colors are picking this up?

12. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

Switch Easy Colors

I don't know if they changed the jelly bean button design at all from the 3GS design but they should have. I have the 3GS and love everything about the case even the jelly bean button except for how it works. Sounds weird, right? The jelly bean button itself isn't the problem. It feels good and looks cool but pushing the button is way harder. The problem is that the iPhone home button is concave and the jelly bean button is flat so there is nothing to make easy contact with the iPhone home button - therefore you need to push twice as hard. I really believe that is the issue that people complain about in relation to the button. For me I was able to make the case perfect by putting a tiny piece of sticky tape under the jelly bean. You cannot see it and it gives just enough more to make the jelly bean make contact easier, therefore resulting in a nice easy push feel. I've written to the folks at Switch Easy that they can correct this issue by simply molding the inside silicone to protrude a bit under the jelly bean button.

Long winded, I know but I feel this is an awesome case except for the hard button pushing issue. Hope the Switch Easy folks correct this design issue and they will have a perfect silicone case.

13. Orlandorealtor macrumors regular

Orlandorealtor

I have NO problem with the new button at all,works great for me :D

14. Xanderprime macrumors member

After some time the button gets easier to push (needs a break in period). Great case if you like silicone cases.

15. touchmonkey macrumors 6502

I didn't like the button on my colors for 3gs because it protrudes, not allowing the phone to lay flat face down. Otherwise loved the thing.

16. a10thunder macrumors newbie

I got one for the wife a few weeks ago. Overall, it's a very good case. Great fit and I really like the extra protection around the screen. This case definitely won't bubble your PS. The texture is a bit slippery though. I'm always afraid I'll drop the phone when I hold it.

17. eddietah macrumors newbie

I just bought a SwitchEasy Saffron color at $22.90 for my shiny black iPhone4 32GB last night and so far I'm loving it maybe will go back and get the SwitchEasy Mican color later :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. vong macrumors 6502a

vong

^does the case attract a lot of lint? also i heard that the flash shows the color of the in photos you take. does that happen to you?

19. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Yes on the flash and it doesn't attract much lint.

20. vong macrumors 6502a

vong

ahhh this is the case i want to get.. since my otterbox commuter silicone part is starting to become loose and get annoying + all the lint that it collects >_>. looking to get TRIM from switcheasy