Switcheasy Colors for iphone4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by gentleman00, Jul 16, 2010.

1. gentleman00 macrumors 6502

Switcheasy's website now has Colors for iphone 4, but on its website it says it is out of stock:confused:

2. random person macrumors 6502a

Sold out in one day? Yikes!

I ordered a purple one before the out of stock situation but I probably don't need it as I have been picking up cases left and right. PM me if you are interested in a purple one!

3. willdude macrumors member

I managed to get an order for a stealth one in yesterday afternoon. I'm curious as to how this could've sold out so quickly, though, since I saw absolutely no news coverage of its launch. The only reason I even knew about it coming out was because I was obsessive enough to subscribe to their Press Release RSS feed, since I really liked my Colors case for the 3G. (Yeah, it gets a little saggy and dirty over time, but it's inexpensive and offers excellent protection.)

I wonder if it's actually sold out, since I didn't receive any confirmation from them beyond what I got from PayPal, and they're either fixing something or waiting to see what happens with today's press conference before sending them out.

4. Pared macrumors 65816

I have secretly always loved the yellow one. But I'd never actually use it.

5. gentleman00 thread starter macrumors 6502

They are great cases. I have dropped my iphone 3g on a few occasions, and the case protected it from any scratches or chips.:)

6. rumorman69 macrumors regular

Maybe (hopefully) they're "sold out" because they made a deal with Apple which agreed to buy a **** ton of cases from them to give away for free! :D I'm being very serious since Apple is going to let iPhone 4 buyers pick from 3rd party cases and not just bumpers when they give them out for free.

7. fubar888 macrumors member

I was just about to type this.

This is most likely the reason.

8. fjordschritt macrumors member

I ordered yesterday the purple one. I was thinking about lime perhaps but girlfriend said purple :)

9. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Pretty sure that they said during the press conference that 3rd party cases would not be covered.

10. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

11. ptsube macrumors 6502

Best case out there. Have had one for a year now. Just ordered a red one for my IP4. And they're not ridiculously overpriced like most cases.

12. bluespark macrumors 65816

No, Jobs said they would allow customers to choose from a various cases including both bumpers and a selection of third-party cases.

13. fubar888 macrumors member

They won't be refunding 3rd party cases purchased.
    However, starting next week, since "Apple cannot make enough bumpers", they will have a selection of 3rd party cases for free as well.