SwitchEasy: Colors vs Neo

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by hazza.jockel, Sep 24, 2008.

1. hazza.jockel macrumors 6502

I am on my second capsule rebel (black). My first had the sagging issue from the beginning and my replacement now also has the sagging issue after several weeks of use. I would now like to get either a neo or color (rebel is out of the questions as i don't want another sagger). Which is the better option? It would be nice to get a comparison from real life, so post your pros and cons about each please.
    Thanks

2. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

Honestly the only negative thing I can say about the Neo is that the logo on the back doesn't allow the phone to sit flat, everything else about this case is phenomenal.

3. slapppy macrumors 65816

Agreed. The Neo is the best out there right now. Just need a clip holder or a case like the leather one I got at BestBuy.

4. EliteKiller macrumors member

The Rocketfish universal leather holster?

5. slapppy macrumors 65816

Yeah, it fits nice and snug. So I use it when I don't want to pocket it, or outdoors roughing it. I've used it for my Slider, but also works well with the Neo.

6. Heimlich macrumors member

Hmm.. were both your Rebels black? That sagging issue usually only affected the black one because of a "material" issue.
    Anyway, Neo or Colors are still both awesome alternatives.

Neo:
    -hardcase
    -cool design
    -Not for someone who puts on and takes off their case multiple times a week

Colors:
    -silicon
    -cool design
    -more colors!
    -Seconds to put on and take off

Mmhmm.. I have the Neo. I'm the guy who only wants one great case to leave on my phone.
    But yeah, both are good.

7. hazza.jockel thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the info. Still not sure what to go for though but i have plenty of time since i havn't received a response from switcheasy. And by other threads its sounds like "Zoltan is asleep at the wheel".

IS their anything else i should know about? anything like the sagging issue of the rebel?

oh and can most headphones fit into the slot of either the color or the neo? Because with the rebel only skinny headphones could fit through the case into the hole.

8. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

I'm not sure I'd base my ordering fears on what other people are saying about SwitchEasy, I've ordered a few things from them and never had any problems. The headphone hole is big enough to allow a multitude of sizes even L bend adapters with no problems...the opening is a 7mm circle with a slight taper.