Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scarboy6693

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
San Francisco, CA
So I ordered myself a capsule Rebel off Amazon sold by MyGearStore. It came in and the case was not fitting right, it was kinda loose on the phone. So I contact their customer service. They reply like 2 days later and ask for the usual info, picture of case, what's wrong, proof of purchase, etc. I gave all the info they asked for. They email me back a day later and say that Not only do I have to send it in, but I have to pay for all the shipping. The said normally, they would just send a replacement, but because I bought it from a reseller, they won't just send it to me. Kinda dumb if you ask me..

calvy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2007
I bought from them directly and had a problem with the case. They sent me a brand new one and didn't want the old one back.

crazycanucks

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
So I ordered myself a capsule Rebel off Amazon sold by MyGearStore. It came in and the case was not fitting right, it was kinda loose on the phone. So I contact their customer service. They reply like 2 days later and ask for the usual info, picture of case, what's wrong, proof of purchase, etc. I gave all the info they asked for. They email me back a day later and say that Not only do I have to send it in, but I have to pay for all the shipping. The said normally, they would just send a replacement, but because I bought it from a reseller, they won't just send it to me. Kinda dumb if you ask me..

Why dont you go through the reseller you bought it off?

BurntReality

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
Tyler, TX
Switcheasy customer service is fantastic. I have bought several cases from them and the only time I did have a problem (sagging on Rebel for 3G) they sent me a new case with no questions asked except for pictures of the problem.

scarboy6693

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Couple things I should clear up:

1 - I bought the case off Amazon because I had a gift card and wanted to use it.
2 - The Reason I say their service is bad is because Unlike Speck, Otterbox, or Incipio who'll replace the case no matter where you buy it, SE is only letting you get a warranty replacement if you buy it direct from them. So Why give it to other resellers if your warranty doesn't apply to them? That's just my point

scarboy6693

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Did you even ask MyGearStore if they'd replace it for you? Or tell Amazon?

I did, but its the same deal - I pay for the shipping costs. So basically I end up paying more because the case didn't fit that well. I mean I gave them the proof of purchase and everything, so why can't they just send a replacement? Its annoying plus they're really slow in responding. I mean its not like I didn't buy it. If Speck and Incipio can do it, why can't they?

Meltdownblitz

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2010
Hmm this is a hard situation of whose fault it may be.. I definitely can speak on behalf of mygearstore, I met most of them in person that run that company and they all seemed like awesome people. I ended up spending an hour there talking to them and purchasing a few cases from them. Switcheasy is slow with replying to emails though, that I do know.

scarboy6693

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Hmm this is a hard situation of whose fault it may be.. I definitely can speak on behalf of mygearstore, I met most of them in person that run that company and they all seemed like awesome people. I ended up spending an hour there talking to them and purchasing a few cases from them. Switcheasy is slow with replying to emails though, that I do know.

I don't think it should matter where you buy the case as long as you buy it. I mean, no other company has had problems giving replacements, then why should they. I mean I gave them everything they asked for, so I don't understand why they can't just replace it. Here's their email reply to me

"If you purchased from a reseller, we need you return the product to
Switcheasy for its inspection.
Once we receives your returned Product, we will evaluate your claim to
determine whether the returned Product does not conform to this
limited warranty.
You are responsible for all the return shipping charges.
Please kindly let us know if you agree to this, so that we can handle
the next step.

Thank you,

Celine"

Firestar

macrumors 68020
Sep 30, 2010
221B Baker Street.
I have heard of SE's terrible service twice. This and another. I have NO idea how many times I've heard the opposite. I've heard terrible things of MGS. Try and return it to them.

eskram

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2010
If you return a product to walmart, target, etc, do they reimburse you for the gas you used to drive back to the store? No?

It's basically the same concept.

Welcome to shopping on the internet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.