SwitchEasy iPhone 4 case advice

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by tnsmart, Apr 11, 2011.

1. tnsmart macrumors 6502

Sorry, if this thread seems repetitive with the other case threads out there, but I thought my question deserved a separate thread because I am asking specifically about SwitchEasy cases.

I have just ordered a Verizon iPhone 4 and am trying to choose between the SwitchEasy CapsuleRebel, TRIM, and Vulcan cases:
    CapsuleRebel: http://www.switcheasy.com/products/CapsuleRebel_iPhone4/CapsuleRebel_iPhone4.php
    TRIM: http://www.switcheasy.com/products/TRIM/TRIM.php
    Vulcan: http://www.switcheasy.com/products/Vulcan_iPhone4/

I have a RebelTouch for my 2nd generation iPod Touch and I like it a log, except that it doesn't fit perfectly. It protects my iPod, which I drop all the time. I expect that I will drop my iPhone and so will need to have it adequately protected, especially because it has glass on both the front and the back.

Unfortunately SwitchEasy does not provide dimensions, but I would like it to be as thin as possible while still fully protecting the phone.

Does anyone have experience with any of these cases and have any suggestions?

I know that the volume buttons are in a slightly different location than the AT&T iPhone and so am wondering how this works with the cases, as they are designed for both phones. Do the cases line up exactly as they should?

Also, if it is easy to take on and off without damaging the phone or the case that is a plus as I plan to run with my iPhone and will probably need to move it between the case and a running armband.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

2. mpshay macrumors 6502

I have an ATT iphone and the Trim fits perfectly. I also run with my phone and it fits fine in my Belkin armband w/o removing the case. I also like that the case comes with a dock insert. So far it has been the perfect case for me

3. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

I've never used any of those cases, but you might find better opinions on the iPhone Accessories subforum.

4. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

I just ordered the Rebel and I should receive it in a few days. I owned a few for my 3GS. It was a great case, so I have high expectation for it.

5. scutts macrumors member

CapsuleRebel, while looking awesome and offering great protection, is pain in the ass to take it off the phone. Just something you should know as you said it should be easy to remove. I don't have any experience with Trim/Vulcan but a TPU case is a TPU case. It will fit / protect and will be easy to remove.

6. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

You should read a few reviews. I would suggest heading towards the TRIM or CapsuleRebel.

7. tnsmart thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the replies.

How well does the Trim protect your phone? If I dropped my iPhone on a parking lot from about 3 feet do you think it would be ok?
    Also, could you tell me which Belkin armband you have?

I do like CapsuleRebel but think that it may be a bit too bulky, especially for putting into an armband.

Does anybody have any comments on the Vulcan?

Thanks.

8. TEHi macrumors regular

TRIM and Capsule Rebel are great cases. If you go for the TRIM make sure your order the black one, because the colored ones will stain within days if you are not careful.

9. mpshay macrumors 6502

I think it would help proptect the phone in a 3 foot drop, but I'm not willing to intentially test that for you. I actually use a belikn armband designed for the ipod touch (DualFit) because I already owned it.