Switcheasy iPhone 6 Cases

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Dino F, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

Just got the email from Switcheasy about their products - check it out:

http://www.switcheasy.com/store/iPhone+6

......no Switcheasy Capsule Rebels though - they were my fave cases EVER on the iPhone 4!

2. Dechter macrumors member

I sure hope the Nude UltraBlack looks better in person than it does on those photos. I've been using that case exclusively since 2010 on my iPhones 4 and 5 and the newest version doesn't look very good. I'll wait for reviews.

3. larry00 macrumors newbie

I ordered a Tones and Numbers for iPhone 6. I have an Eclipse on my 4S and it is the favorite case I have used. Online reviews indicate some quality issues with the SwitchEasy 5 and 5S cases. I am hoping those have been resolved because I really like the design - especially the integrated port covers.

4. airfrancisco macrumors regular

Patiently waiting for plus version to come out. I like the tones too

5. bleighv macrumors regular

bleighv

6. Poob Bubes macrumors 6502a

Poob Bubes

Have you gotten the cases yet? I was curious about how you liked the Tones.

7. wolve macrumors regular

Yeah the Capsule Rebel line was my favorite too! I bought those cases for my iPhone 3GS and 4. Wish they would make something similar for 6. :(

8. mrcultureshock macrumors member

I agree with you. The Switcheasy cases I bought for my 3gs and 4s are strong and they come with 2 screen protectors each. I've dropped my phones many times and my phones have never cracked. I feel Switcheasy now is putting more emphasis on how the case looks rather than on the quality of the materials.

----------

The Capsule Rebel were my favorite cases. I don't know why they stopped making it from iPhone 5 on.

9. newtoiphone555 macrumors newbie

The NUDE looks really nice , will it provide any protection or its the same as the $0.99 ones on eBay ? ( just with better photoshop )

10. mzd macrumors 6502a

just curious if anyone has received theirs yet. i ordered a Tones on Monday. they were no longer listed as pre-order by then.

11. kalv macrumors newbie

I received my Tones on Wednesday. (Pre-ordered last Friday) The guy who said SwitchEasy isn't what it used to be is right. This Tones feels nothing like the one I have for my iPhone 5 and the case is too thick.

12. mzd macrumors 6502a

ugg, I was afraid of that. I really liked the last version of the Tones. Mine hasn't arrived yet. Can you post up pics with your iPhone in the case?

13. mzd macrumors 6502a

Switcheasy Tones

well, the Switcheasy Tones arrived today. still getting a feel for it so these are just first impressions. it is thinner than i expected, which is good since my expectations were low based on the posts above. it is a good, snug fit. buttons are a little hard to press, but may get better over time. it is a very solid case. the TPU on the sides does not sag or pull away at all and it is grippy. the lighter gray is solid plastic. decent lip on the top, mute switch easy to get to. i would classify this a slim, tough case.
    the only issue is that the headphone plug doesn't fit very well. it is too tight. actually, i can't even force it flush. the lightening plug fits perfectly. i'm sure i could trim it to size with an exacto knife easily enough. i will let Switcheasy know about the fit regardless.
    like i said, still getting a feel for it.
    on to pictures....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. 3rdiguy macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

Damn! That has a simplistic beauty to it the catches my eye. I wonder if the 6 plus version is as nice. Thanks for the pics. Case PRON

15. Kisey macrumors 6502a

16. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

My only issue with that case is the same issue the previous version had, their "black" isn't black.

17. terriyaki macrumors 6502a

It looks alright but it definitely doesn't look it has the same fit and finish as the tones from the 4 and 5 generations.

I'm also not a fan of the case integrated port covers.

18. ram8727 macrumors member

I received the Switcheasy NUMBERS (SunlitTangerine) case today. I'll post pics tonight.

19. Kisey, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014

Kisey macrumors 6502a

Thank you. I have an Incipio NGP but would rather have the Numbers because of the integrated port covers.

20. Jonx macrumors 6502

Jonx

I don't like their cases for the iPhone 6 and I agree about the Capsule Rebel. I still use it with my iPhone 4 and it has protected my phone like a new.

I was looking for some cases and found this i-Blason case, similar to Capsule Rebel. I'm planning on getting one along with iPhone 6 in November.

Here's the pic and link to it.

[​IMG]

21. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

22. ohmyggg macrumors member

Really cool. I like how they replicated the double-band antenna design on the back of the case. Nice touch.

23. CoolBradG macrumors regular

I really love SwitchEasy but I'm not impressed with their current selection of cases for iPhone 6. Hoping something similar to the Bonds line is released for the 6. :(

24. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a