Switcheasy Melt question

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by onlyjjp, Apr 13, 2012.

1. onlyjjp macrumors member

Hello everyone,
    I'm interested in purchasing this case and was wondering if anyone who has one would let me know if it causes the screen protector to lift. I saw all the youtube reviews on this case and its 50/50, as some people say it does lift the front protector and some people say it does not. This is the link to the case.
    http://www.switcheasy.com//product.php?product=Melt_iPhone4S
    Thanks for all the help!

2. iproductsuser macrumors 6502a

In my experience, it did lift the screen protector.

3. Autokon macrumors 6502

Autokon

This has been one of my biggest issues with Switcheasy's iPhone case lines since the iPhone 4's release. MANY of them lift protectors. Only one I had zero issues with, the rebel. They almost need to make a narrower protector like how Incase does for there sliders...Very frustrating. The Vulcan was my favorite case until the iP4's version came out...and being a reviewer I'm nearly a perfect installer by now.. blah! :(

4. onlyjjp thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the heads up. It's funny how they include screen protectors :rolleyes:

5. DroidRules macrumors 65816

6. xboxer75010 macrumors 6502

xboxer75010

I have a switcheasy case and it did not lift the screen protector, but you do have to put the screen protector on perfectly or you will not be able to reproduce this.

7. gpsouza macrumors 6502

gpsouza

8. DroidRules macrumors 65816

Yep. this thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1244826 while not talking about caseswill exclusively has many many satisfied caseswill customers. I have purchased 2 cases from them and am very satisfied. IF you buy and want your items in a week or so pay for shipping. If you don't mind waiting like me, go with the free shipping and wait 3.5 weeks to get them. Good luck.

9. gpsouza macrumors 6502

gpsouza

I don't mind waiting :) But it's cool because I was searching for this melt case on chinese websites that I know but can't find it xD

10. scorpio1973 macrumors 6502a

My Switcheasy Melt case lifted my screen protector. It's the reason I don't use it anymore. It is a nice looking case though. I really love the avant guard series. I have the Blossom, Chateau, and Clockwork cases and I have had no issues with lifting.

11. jamesschmidtke macrumors regular

I just bought this case

but loathe screen protection , should I be worried? Is that the only issue with the case cause really like this case.