Switcheasy NeoTouch vs RebelTouch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by n0otro, Dec 1, 2008.

1. n0otro macrumors member

I know they were only released on November 27th 2008, but has anybody ordered and received their NeoTouch case from Switcheasy.com yet? Any opinions? How does Switcheasy ship their products? I can't find anything about shipping information on the website. (i.e. UPS/FEDEX/USPS Priority)

I placed an order for a RebelTouch today, then I realized they had the new NeoTouch available after I had already placed my order. I think i'm going to cancel my order and switch it for the NeoTouch instead but can't seem to get in contact with them other than via e-mail, which they haven't responded to yet. Hopefully I can cancel the order before they ship it!

2. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

I just ordered the rebel as well the other day, and now they release their new case, which is supposed to be even better. Mine's already shipped though (I think, they sent me a shipping confirmation e-mail for a future ship date :confused:). I got the arctic version by the way. They're probably swamped with orders for the neotouch, which is why they aren't responding.

Well, I hope you get a response and get your order switched soon. I guess I'll just have to learn to live with my jealousy. :mad::p:D

3. n0otro thread starter macrumors member

I ordered the NeoTouch yesterday and it was shipped today.

I'll post a short review when I get it in the mail.

4. Evil Chicken macrumors newbie

THe rebel touch is better probably...
    The other ones are too big 3 LAYERS:):):D

5. n0otro thread starter macrumors member

I just got both cases in the mail. I only opened the NeoTouch because i'm planning on returning the RebelTouch. My first impressions are that it is a beautifully designed case. Before putting the NeoTouch on, I temporarily had on a DLO SoftShell to protect it from scratches while I waited for my NeoTouch, and the NeoTouch case actually seems to have a smaller profile than the single piece DLO case (although they are very similar in size).

It fits nice and snug and despite the fact that it's three layers it still slips into my jeans pocket with ease without being too bulky. It is very well designed and thin while providing complete coverage. The silicon membrane is only 0.6mm thick and barely noticeable. The only places you can see it are over the two button areas (hold & volume buttons) where it provides protection by keeping dust and water out, but not by sacrificing the ability to press the buttons with ease (unlike the DLO case where pressing buttons was difficult at best)

The H-Frame locks the case into place making it fit very securely and making the whole unit feel like it is a single piece.

The only caveat is that it doesn't provide protection for the screen other than the screen protector, but any case that provides complete protection for the screen would also sacrifice the sensitivity of the beautiful touch screen which is not worth it in my opinion.

Other than the screen protector, I was able to put the case on in about a minute, the most difficult part being adjustment of the silicon membrane after putting the case over it. The screen protector was another story. I spent about 15-20 minutes trying to get the screen protector on without any microscopic fibers or dust getting in between the protector and the touch screen, and I still didn't succeed. There are about ~8 or so small air bubbles created by the dust in the top and bottom black areas that I was just not able to get rid of no matter how hard I tried. This is not really SwitchEasy's problem, it could happen with any screen protector. I think the only way you could get it on perfectly is if you applied it in a static & dust free room.

Overall the quality of the case is great and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a nice case to protect their investment!

6. -Dark Angel- macrumors 6502

I'll stick with the Rebel Touch because I just like that skeleton like cage hugging the touch.

7. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

n0otro, you should post that in a new thread. I'm sure there are lots of other people who are deciding on a case who could use a review thread.