Switcheasy Nude Case Protection Levels

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by AdamskiUK, Oct 20, 2011.

1. AdamskiUK macrumors regular

All I wanted to know is, from users with past experience, how well does the Nude protect your phone? I really wanted a commuter but some have complained about case defects :/

2. silent1643 macrumors member

i would like to know this as well - will this case shatter if dropped from waist high?

3. Pballer110 macrumors 6502

I actually just purchased this case and it doesn't look like it will protect it much. Its a very thin piece of plastic.

4. silent1643 macrumors member

hmm... that sucks
    anybody got any better clear case recommendations?
    maybe the switcheasy vulcan clear?

5. couzo macrumors newbie

I would not want to drop my phone in a nude or vulcan case. If you think you will drop your case go with something more substantial. They are more for simple scratch protection, granted the vulcan has a bit more protection but not for a high drop.

6. SipperyPete macrumors regular

I am currently using the clear NUDE as an interim solution for scratch protection only. I put it on as soon as I removed the OEM protection from Apple. It's perfect for what I need it for, as I now have on the screen protector that came with it and I'm fully protected from scratches. I am not worried about dropping my phone. It does get a lot of dust in it and I take it off every few days to clean it. I am waiting for my knock-off Element Black Ops that will go with the screen protector and back protector.

The best thing about the NUDE is the size...it's incredibly thin and almost makes it look like there's nothing there.

7. couzo macrumors newbie

Yeah that's what I got the nude for. It's a very good case for scratch protection. I to am waiting for my knock off black ops case to :)

8. silent1643 macrumors member

mm.. maybe the speck seethru will work for myself - looks a bit thicker much like the candyshell but clear

9. couzo macrumors newbie

If you are looking for shock absorbsion. Look for a hard case with a rubber lining.

10. SipperyPete macrumors regular

Agreed...but it makes your sleek, beautiful iPhone look like a brick!

My shock absorption solution is called AppleCare+