SwitchEasy Nude iPhone 4 - Dust & Fragile Issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dylanursula, Sep 17, 2010.

1. dylanursula macrumors 6502

Hey all...

Wanted to give my two cents on the SwitchEasy Nude for the iPhone 4. I have always used the SwitchEasy cases since my 3G and have LOVED them. I got the UltraClear for my IP4 and after getting it I noted after a week that a serious amount of dust collected at the back. I emailed back to them and they were good about changing it out but denied my request for the UltraBlack as I was scared about the dust issue again.

Now two weeks after the new one came the dust issue is back and I have noticed that the sides seem to become loose over time.... anyone else with any issues?

I have now moved over to my free Apple case which is the Incase Snap SMOKE and love it... such a shame about the SwitchEasy!

2. archrider macrumors 6502a

archrider

I have one I haven't used yet. Do you carry it in a pocket where there's likely to be a lot of lint & dust?

3. Richie2000 macrumors 6502

Richie2000

I used the Switcheasy Nude for a little while and found the same issue. Nice case, but the fact it doesn't wrap around the screen edge means it acts like a bit of a tray for dust which gets in the side edges between the case and the phone and works it's way round the back. I got the Ultrablack edition which doesn't show the dust as much, but I still found myself cleaning it out all the time. Started using the Switcheasy Colors case now.

4. nivekr11 macrumors regular

I had the same issue. I switched to the SGP Ultra Slider.

5. dylanursula thread starter macrumors 6502

Hey thanks all, glad it was not just mine.
    Shame they wont swap it out for the UltraBlack,
    Maybe I will now be a Incase guy as the dust is insane in the Ultraclear when you look at it.

6. kaikai830 macrumors 6502

I had the ultrablack on for 2 weeks and it does collect dust and it actually scratch the bottom part of my iphone .

7. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Switcheasy was a big fail on this case. I stopped using switcheasy for a while. Mine had the same problem, and not just that but the back has more then a million scratches on it.

8. nivekr11 macrumors regular

Mine arrived with pre scratches. LOL!!!

9. newbiemacguy128 macrumors regular

I used to be a fan of Switcheasy, but after using their cases for long periods of time (2months+) their cases just fall apart. My capsule neo plastic would chip, my rebel broke in half as i took it apart to clean, the colors stretched out horribly over time, reptile trim cracking, etc etc.

In short, switcheasy cases look cool, but i kinda feel like their "everything but the kitchen sink" is just a gimick so we don't notice the flaws with their product. It worked on me anyways.