Switcheasy Nude Question

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Flipside186, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Flipside186 macrumors member

I ordered one last week and I was browsing topics today and it raised an issue I hadn't thought of. Does the Switcheasy Nude Case cover the noise cancellation mic? If so, is it a big deal? Thanks!!

2. Sourskinmilk222 macrumors newbie

Yes

I would think yes. I believe the mic on top is the one used for both facetime and video recording (long story about how i came up with this). But when making a phone call or voice memos you use the bottom mic. test it out by covering the top mic with your finger and try to make a video. Long story short, my first iphone 4 had a broken top mic, the ATT employee said that the top hole there was just for noise cancelation, he failed to realize it was a mic for noise cancelation which i believe is also used for facetime and video recording.

3. KingCoop macrumors newbie

I received my Switcheasy Nude Clear case yesterday and it is going well so far.

To answer your question: NO, it does not cover the noise cancellation mic on the top. The cutout in the case goes around the mic. It really does fit well to the cutouts on the phone.

Some things to keep in mind:

The Positive:

Switcheasy included some nice extras that you usually don't see come with cases, or at least I don't. Port covers for when not in use, two screen protectors, and a micro fiber wipe.

The port cutouts seem very generous, excluding the headphone port which may not work with some users headphones. But all of mine work so far.

The Negative:

I shouldn't have ordered Clear, just after one day of use its quite easy to see all the hairline scratches to the back of the case from sitting it down on my desk. Sheesh have to be delicate with the case to keep it from being scratched to high heaven.

The case sits slightly lower than the screen, so if the phone falls face down then you're still probably SOL.

Some of the edges of the hard plastic are rough, should have been sanded down or smoothed or whatever. Over time it will probably correct itself...

There is a slight gap, meaning very tiny, between the case and the metal bezel and I can already see fine dust particles collecting in between this space. May have to take the phone out from time to time to clean it.

It took my case 4 days to ship from the West Coast to the East Coast. No shipping options available.

The purchase is made by PayPal on behalf of Switcheasy... when I made the purchase Bank of America registered it as an international purchase and charged me an extra $0.69. I think they are an international company.

4. fupresti macrumors regular

I also notices with my Nude clear case that any dust or foreign objects that wiggle their way inside are very much an eyesore. I don't think I will be using it again, I have moved to a Colors case and I am much happier with it.

5. Flipside186 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the info... I'm at work now and I think the case is in my mailbox. I got the ultra black. I'm a little worried though because I heard there were issues with the back of an invisible shield sticking to the case... can anyone speak to this point?

6. bbates123 macrumors regular

I've tried several of these clear types of cases now including this one and they all suffer from the same problem...the back gets easily scratched, which kind of defeats the purpose. Still waiting to hear of a clear case that resists scratches. And as another poster mentioned the case is flush on the front so it offers no protection for the front which bums me out. Thinking of going back to my Luxe Lean.