Switcheasy Nude volume button problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by i-sidd, Oct 4, 2012.

1. i-sidd macrumors 6502a

I received this case today and after putting a the phone I noticed that the volume button does not work. I press it but the ringer does not go up or down..

I tried to push the phone out a little and the it works but i dont want to have to push the phone out on the left side every time I want to use the volume button.

Anyone else having this problem.. What replacement should I get? For my 4s I got the Vulcan and it worked fine.

Any suggestion.

2. sandydlc macrumors regular

I'm in the same boat. I ordered two and they were both defective. I'm sending them back and getting a bumper case for now. Pretty disappointing to see from a company like Switcheasy.

3. i-sidd thread starter macrumors 6502a

Do we have to pay for mail to send it back, do I have to pay shipping again to get a different case.

I am thinking of the dual colors they have, I forget what its called.

4. eaglefox12 macrumors member

Unfortunately, mine also has the same issue.... Got mine yesterdaay and tried it on.. the volume button is not aligned right... when pressed it goes all the way up or all the way down... I have sent an email to their support.. will let ya'll know what they say...

5. joekim1026 macrumors regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv0YtRbXCPQ&sns=em

This video has a easy fix!

6. jls1986 macrumors member

Volume works fine on mine, the thing I don't like is there isn't a good seal around the edges of the phone so stuff keeps going down the crack.. thinking of looking for a different case.

7. DiddlyDo macrumors member

I had similar issues when I initially put my phone in the case. I removed the phone and gently flexed the volume buttons up and down, which corrected the problem. However, I noticed the problem again when I removed the phone from the case and replaced it. That time, I simply moved the phone inside the case a bit, and the problem was resolved. I haven't had any continuing problems.

Not a great fix, I know. But I've been using the case for a couple of weeks now without a problem. Now if I could just figure out how to stop my fingers from smudging the case. I'm still not willing to wear a fully body unitard complete with a face mask and gloves, so I guess I'm going to have to live with the smudges and random hair on my phone. Although, the concept could make for a funny web video at the expense of all of those iphone fans out there (including me).

8. jcliden macrumors member

Maybe you received a defect? Perhaps you can contact their customer service and ask them for a replacement. If it still doesn't work, ask for a full refund~

9. OneWkdEvo macrumors newbie

i had the same problem with my black one i had to punch out the volume buttons, i was some what dissapointed so i emailed switcheasy letting them know about the issue and they sent me a clear one free of charge pretty awesome and i got to keep the black one.

the clear was a perfect fit

10. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

Switcheasy sent me one of each inadvertently (only wanted the clear after reading the black wasn't actually very translucent) but unfortunately, had the same problem with both of them--volume buttons wouldn't move.

To be honest, not really a fan of them anyways after trying them out--a bit slippery in the hand, top edge exposed. It's back to the Griffin Reveal for me.

11. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

Received a clear NUDE today. Fits fine. Buttons work fine. Didn't have to "play with it" at all for it to work.

12. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

I have to agree with the black version of this case - it is a finger print magnet. I also had issues with the volume buttons not working properly. One of them was too far in so would not press properly.

I flexed them out a little which kinda resolved it but then I found that the buttons would work far too easily ( at the slightest touch ). I ended up snapping them off altogether and decided that the case actually worked better without these buttons!

After a couple of days usage however, I decided I had had enough of the case anyway. Far too much lint and dust would collect down the sides of the case and also along the top and the fact that the back just looked far too dirty with all the finger prints.

I'm gonna hold out until Switcheasy release their 'Capsule Rebel' series for the iPhone 5. THE best case from Switcheasy IMHO :)

13. joekim1026 macrumors regular

Does it fit well with the back screen protector on it?

14. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

To be honest - I couldn't tell if fitted correctly. I used the back screen protector and then put the case on. The case itself doesn't seem to click into place - it just kinda goes on so it's difficult to judge if the case is actually seated correctly.