Switcheasy Pure+ Anti-Reflect Screen Shields

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ram8727, Aug 1, 2010.

1. ram8727 macrumors member

While I wait for my PowerSupport HD screen shields I figured I would try out the new Switcheasy Pure+ Anti-Reflect. I have to say I wasn't expecting much as the Switcheasy screen shields aren't well known and sort of diminished in quality with the 3GS, but after trying the crystal screen shields that came with the Nude case I was surprised at how much I liked it.

The Pure+ Anti-Reflect went on without any issues. There are a few spots that you can see do not lay down correctly, but it's not bad at all. For $17.99 you get 2 front & 2 back Anti-Reflect screen shields, a cleaning cloth, and a squeegee. There has been no bubbling when using the Belkin Grip Vue or the Switcheasy Colors case and I've not tried anymore cases with it installed.

Overall, it's a pretty good product with a reasonable price. It does make the retina display look grainy and it does get the oil smudges (as expected), but they wipe off easily. To find out more information, check out http://www.switcheasy.com. If you have any questions, follow me on Twitter @ram8727.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]*[​IMG]*[​IMG]*[​IMG]*[​IMG]*[​IMG]

2. orangecrushv macrumors regular

Great, thanks! I'll have to check this out. I was looking for a cheaper way to get a back protector, since I was also fine with the screen protector that came with my Switcheasy Nude...

3. GDVI macrumors regular

GDVI

These actually look really good. And the Anti-glare comes with two sets of front & back shields but the clear protectors come with three sets :)

4. spartanrob macrumors 6502

spartanrob

I just got my Pure AR (didn't get the plus, didn't need the back)

I had the SGP Oleo and was really tired of the fingerprints and the glare.

The Switcheasy installed easy, just like the SGP (I always use the 'wet' method)

This is my first AR screen protector. The feel is great, love the lack of fingerprints and glare. I will have to get used to the loss of clarity, especially on a screen that has a white background, but it's not that bad.

The SGP Oleo was incredibly clear, like there was nothing there, but the grease, fingerprints and glare drove, me nuts.

Just my 2 cents, but the SwitchEasy Pure AR gets a thumbs up. I may go back to a clear protector one day, but if you are looking for an AR, i recommend this one.

5. arcturuz macrumors member

Has anyone compared the quality / clarity of the Switcheasy AG vs the Powersupport AG screen shields?

I wonder if they are on par or if the Powersupport AG is significantly better.

6. jLp-PR macrumors regular

Is there a difference between the screen guards Switcheasy includes with their cases (Colors, Trim, Rebel etc etc) and the ones on the Pure, Pure+ kit?

Quality? Material? Look?

7. arcturuz macrumors member

not too sure i'm curious to know too.

the ones that come with their cases are of very low quality, with lots of rainbow streaks. if they were to sell them seperately as screenshields, i would be totally agahst.

8. jLp-PR macrumors regular

Here's our answer:

On Oct 4, 2010, at 1:48 AM, SwitchEasy USA Team <sezoltan@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Javier,

The ones we include in our cases are the PureProtect, the same screen
    guards with the Pure Line.
    The PureProtect+ protects the front screen and back glass, and the
    PureProtect protects the front screen.

Thank you,

Celine

9. awtryau89 macrumors regular

Actually this is wrong from my experience. The Switcheasy films included with their cases are second only to SGP and Powersupport. I had great luck with them on a 3GS. No rainbows or anything.