SwitchEasy Rebel case and headphones

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by sinar, Sep 11, 2009.

1. sinar macrumors regular

Hi,

I'm hoping to buy an Iphone next month, and have been researching cases.

I like the look of the Switcheasy rebel as it comes in some nice colours, however I've seen some you tube videos reviewing the case and some say that the hole for the headphones is quite small.

I will be using the Iphone with my Sennheiser MX300 headphones, and the plug is at right angles to the cable, I was wondering if anyone had used these (or similar) headphones with the Rebel, and can comment if they fit i the hole OK?

Thanks for reading,

Julie

2. vlug macrumors 6502

Funny you should ask this as I was cursing my SwitchEasy Rebel case last night and my headphones "Sennheiser MX360" due to the right angle on the 3.5 jack and the hole in the case.

Basically the Rebel case is brilliant, however a right angle jack on my particular set of headphone does not fit correctly. They do fit and give excellent sound when in position, but only the slightest knock or twist will be enough to stop the music playing through both earbuds.

I suggest getting a different set of headphones that go in vertically ;)

3. sinar thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply, even though it was not what I wanted to hear :)

I really like my headphones because they fit so well, but I'll research alternatives, however I might end up just choosing another case, which is a shame as I really like the look of the light blue Rebel,

Julie

4. vlug macrumors 6502

I wouldn't choose a different case, I love mine and to be honest I am struggled along with my Sennheiser MX360 earphones also as I don't use them too much and am too lazy to go find my iPhone ones in my car.

The case is definitely a must have compared to my headphones if I had to pick between them.

5. sinar thread starter macrumors regular

Probably a stupid question, but do you think it would be possible to make the hole in the case bigger to make the headphones fit?

Julie

6. vlug macrumors 6502

Yeah maybe if you got a stanley knife and cut away at it, but liek I said it does fit now but it really has to be at a certain angle to fit correctly.

I've uploaded some pics so you can see.

Notice how it doesn't push fully in
    [​IMG]

But if I turn it the other way round and push it.
    [​IMG]

7. sinar thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for uploading the pictures, I think I'll go ahead and order the case, I don't mind having to put the headphones in at a specific angle, as long as they go in

Julie