Switcheasy Rebel made differently! Better!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by fishmd, Mar 25, 2009.

1. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Hey guys, just wanted to let the community know about what I have found. I have been a long term user of the Switcheasy Capsule Rebel for the 3G (well, basically since they started to make them). I along with everyone else experienced that "saggy bottom" issue. I also was a proponent of the "heat it up and freeze it fix." Anyways, recently I decided to order a couple new rebels. I got the celestial blue and I also got an arctic one as a replacement to my old arctic that had split around the volume rocker button. (Switcheasy was very cool about providing me with a new one free of charge for it. :))

So, on these two new cases, I noticed something different. One, the plastic of the case seems to be a little bit sturdier than before. Not the spine, I mean the body portion. I don't really know how to describe this, but it just feels better.

Also, the injection points are different. Everyone knows about the two injection points in the middle of the "spine" area. Well, these are no longer there. Rather, there are now 4 smaller injection points on the outer arms of the "spine".

And the best part...NO sag at all with either of these cases (and I now got 3 new ones total).

So maybe Switcheasy has finally got it. It would look like they certainly changed their manufacturing process as the injection points are now different. Now it is even better, or so it would seem.

Anyone else out there get a new one recently? Anyone get a new black one in particular as this was the one with the worst sag issue? Lets hear it.

Later.:D

2. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

I am having one replaced due to a defect, hopefully I get one of the improved versions.

3. crsd36 macrumors member

I just received an arctic because my black one was worn out. I also noticed the improvement. I've had mine for about a week and no sag yet.

4. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

The problem was not that bad with the colors, it was the black that had the issue.

5. fishmd thread starter macrumors 68000

fishmd

I know that the initial problem was more with the black than the colors, but I also had the problem with the Arctic sagging before as well, but not with my new one. That is why I am wondering if anyone has gotten a new black one recently and how the quality is. I have an old black one, but never use it.

Anyone?

6. toxikos macrumors member

I got a Tiger as a replacement for my arctic which split near the dock connector. It silicone part feels harder and sturdier. What I dont like thought is that the black spine scratches like hell

7. vinay427 macrumors 6502a

vinay427

I'm about to buy one (hopefully). Does anyone have a good comparison between this and the Capsule Neo?

8. Minus Human macrumors member

Minus Human

Got both. I prefer the Neo over the Serpent, however, be careful not to break the bottom part of the "I"-bracket (dock-side) during installing/uninstalling. :cool:

9. vinay427 macrumors 6502a

vinay427

Does dirt get in under the case? Because that would mean installing/uninstalling quite often. With my Switcheasy Colors, I keep a weekly cleaning schedule but it's a snap to get the Colors off. You just pull off the top. The Rebel is also quite easy to get off, I think. Which is thinner/less bulky? The Neo or the Rebel? I like the wild look of the Rebel but which one do you think offers more protection? I know this is a lot of questions, but thanks a lot in advance!

10. Minus Human macrumors member

Minus Human

Dirt under the case? I believe that's inevitable, but on both products, not much. I mean, I can go for a month without cleaning. As I've said the "I-bracket" of the Neo is quite fragile, hence, I don't recommend frequent uninstalling.

Definitely ...

Thinner & Classy= Neo
    Bulky, Heavy & Wild = Rebel
    More Protection = Rebel

If you're getting the rebel, definitely go for the serpent, so you won't hear your self whining after a few days from a plethora of scratches on that shiny spine.

Dude... get them both in both black and white, so you can enjoy swapping spines.

11. vinay427 macrumors 6502a

vinay427

I will get one in a few weeks. Will report back here then.