SwitchEasy RebelSerpent White or Black?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rannddeee, May 3, 2009.

?

SwitchEasy RebelSerpent White or Black?

1. Black

34.6%
  2. White

7.7%
  3. Another case

34.6%
  4. Leave it naked

23.1%
  1. rannddeee macrumors regular

I've been looking for a case for my white 3G and I haven't found one that I really liked. My friend recommended the SwitchEasy RebelSerpent and after reading a few comments about it everyone says its the best case for the iPhone.

I have the white 3G. For those who have this case, which color do you recommend?

Attached Files:

2. mrXniick macrumors member

go with white, switcheasy is known for having problems with their black silicone.

3. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

I have personally come to appreciate skins ( InvisibleSHIELD ). I think cases just take too much away from the aesthetics of the iPhone. Now if you drop it often, or ever then I guess you need it. I personally just need light protection from daily wear and tear.

4. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

5. rannddeee thread starter macrumors regular

besides the incase slider which other cases do you guys recommend?

6. AforAndromeda macrumors member

AforAndromeda

I'm not trying to be a smart *** or funny, but I have come to the conclusion the case should be able to protect your iPhone from being damaged if it is dropped.

I've noticed that my case (Contour from the O2 store UK) breaks into the main top and bottom half if it has a hard fall onto marble or concrete. (Done it 4 times by accident so far) - and the iPhone has not got a problem. I wonder if the 'breaking' is bad design - OR - shock absorbing and flexing. Not sure - Though it's something I would NOT recommend!

Some protective cases like mine still have holes to allow access to power or headphones, switches etc. Therefore the case never completely protects.

Something I am SO glad about though is the 'Stick on' Screen protectors. Mainly because the case may not protect the screen.

WONDERFUL and every penny. There is no other word. Saved me from many many inadvertent scratches.. e.g. putting into same pocket as my glasses.

Hope that helps.

Pete

7. rannddeee thread starter macrumors regular

I totally agree with you. My phone has been naked since day 1. I am looking for something rubber like so it can absorb some of the impact if dropped. But the rubber cases are hard to take in/out of my pocket. The problem with most of the cases is that they're all hard plastic. It's not really gonna protect the phone when dropped, besides preventing scratches.

I saw the RebelSerpent and I like it because its a hybrid. It provides the rubbery protection and it can slide in and out of my pocket easily because of the skeleton.

8. iPhone envy macrumors member

I have the black, I like it for the most part.

I must point out that the bottom strip where the doc connector is located, is poorly made (on the front side). The hardre shell does not cover that thin strip and I would bet that my softer silcon strip will break at somepoint. It already takes a flexing when it goes in and out of my pocket.

Otherwise I find that the diamond plate grip helps me, and that it does not stick in my pocket like other soft cases.

I might take a hard look at the Speck Candyshell if this one breaks.