Switcheasy Shipping Problems

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by loki007420, Jul 16, 2009.

1. loki007420 macrumors member

Anyone had any problems ordering from switcheasy.. I ordered a rebel serpent about 3 weeks ago and still havent recieved it.. I emailed them several times and the responces i got back i couldnt understand, whoever sent them doesnt understand how to write in english... Supposedly they have shipped out a second case for me but it still hasnt arrived..

2. astudentis macrumors regular

if you got the tracking number from USPS it means that it has been shipped.... and dont expect the tracking on that to be updated... I received my case about 3.5weeks later

3. miggitymac macrumors 6502a

miggitymac

Yup, I ordered a Colors on the 23rd of June and it was supposedly shipped out on the 25th of June.

Still waiting...

On the bright side, they refunded me my money so I just went out and bought another case. I still want the Colors though.

I assume it's still coming since it has already been shipped out.

BTW - I live in Canada so things take longer to ship here due to customs.

4. miggitymac macrumors 6502a

miggitymac

I got an email from them saying their automated tracking system was down so they couldn't provide me with a number. I asked them to personally email me a tracking number but either they ignored me or they didn't understand what I was asking for (their English isn't very good, judging from their emails).

Apparently tracking numbers do no good once the shipment crosses the US/Canada border anyway so I didn't bother asking again.

5. loki007420 thread starter macrumors member

i have a tracking number for the "second" case shipped.. but in 2 days its gone 24miles.. So im thinking about just getting a different case from somewhere else... im real hard on phones and i need a case... Im just annoyed with this company..

6. feelthefire macrumors 6502a

In my experience, they are quick to answer emails, but their English is not great because they're not an American company...the customer service is good though.

I have Rebels in stock and have the Colors cases coming in, but they are slow to get to me too, not just to the end user. I've gotten used to the slow supply chain and try to keep what I can in stock.

Generally the best way to get these in a timely fashion is to order from someone who is in the same country as you are.

Right now I have Rebels in Skeleton, Red, Celestial, and Monstera, and I have Colors coming in Black, Fuschia, Citrus, Crimson, and Purple.

7. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Whoa....I ordered my Capsule Rebel around June 13-14 and received it a few days after launch day; I was shocked to find it sitting in my mailbox the day I got it because I was expecting it to take much longer. I'm sorry you all have had problems with them!

8. miggitymac macrumors 6502a

miggitymac

Can you pm me when you get the crimson Colors in? The one I'm waiting for is Stealth, but I'm thinking of getting a crimson one too...

Oh, do you ship to Canada?

9. feelthefire macrumors 6502a

Yes, I do. It's unfortunately pretty expensive for just one case, since anything up to a weight of 1lb costs the same exorbitant rate. If you want both, it probably wouldn't be TOO bad.

They should be here next week.

10. normwood macrumors 6502a

normwood

Weird....

I ordered a Rebel and then two Colors cases on different occasions and in both cases I had them in 2-3 days.

Steve

11. ChefJayPeek macrumors regular

Weird, I ordered a Rebel on the 3rd of July, with an extra spine, and got it a week later. Not bad since USPS was closed for the weekend of the 4th, so it didn't really ship until the 6th.

Chef Jay

12. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

I got mine like 3 days after ordering. Contact them, their customer service is more outstanding.

13. loki007420 thread starter macrumors member

checked my mail today not thinking my serpent would be here, (tracking showed it to be in IL) and boom there was a package from switcheasy.. I checked the number on it and it must be the first one they said they ordered cause it has a different tracking number... So looks like they did send 2 and one just got held up from some reason.. Ill have another one here tomorrow or monday..

14. miggitymac macrumors 6502a

miggitymac

Good to hear! I ordered mine about the same time as you did (approx. 3 weeks ago) so it gives me some hope that I'll be getting mine soon.

Altho I live in Canada and you live in Detroit...maybe not...

15. loki007420 thread starter macrumors member

i wish you luck.. i like this case, not sure i like the protective screen.. maybe i didnt get it on right but when i snapped the spine on it kinda lift the protector up on one of the conors..

16. tjp888 macrumors regular

tjp888

I ordered the VisionClip2 from them on the 14th and received it on the 16th. Though I had to wait a month for that darn VisionClip2 to get back in stock.

17. Mojobaggins macrumors newbie

I ordered a Rebel Serpent on Monday and received it on Thursday. I'm in MA.

18. toxictrix macrumors 6502a

Yea I can't stand Switcheasy. Terrible customer support.

19. drill423 macrumors member

Hmmm...I ordered a rebel serpent on monday and have yet to recieve it. I'm in OH.

20. iLoveiPhone3GS macrumors member

I didnt have any problems with shipping. They ship from Tracy, CA and San Francisco, CA, and I live an hour away from both so it came in two days. I did have a problem with the case however. It had the classic sagging bottom. I contacted their (very slow) customer service and was told to send back the silicon part of the case.

Now what I love is that a few days later they sent be a complete brand new rebel red. I think there was a miscommunication because another two days later I got another rebel red! haha. So now ive got 2 and a half new cases.

21. drill423 macrumors member

I really like this case, but after just 3 removals, I'm having issues with it. The bottom is already sagging and the markings on the polymer shell are making it very difficult to remove the spine. I've contacted switcheasy for a replacement. We'll see how long it takes for them to respond.

22. akarmenia macrumors member

akarmenia

Did you get a replacment yet? I'm in the same situation and I was considering getting a different case from my serpent black, due to the sagging. I asked if they could ship me an artic so I can replace only the shell and keep the rebels spine. Not sure how it will look but I think the sagging will go away.

23. drill423 macrumors member

Yup...sent me a replacement and took one week to get it. They sent me a whole new shell with the spine (along with the screenshields, etc.). Happy with the service overall.

24. akarmenia macrumors member

akarmenia

That's pretty good. Did you have to send them the defective one? I live in Australia and I might as well buy another one.

25. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

the companies that ship the fastest are Speck,Incipio, Apple and Incase. Ive ordered more then 10 times from speck and apple..