Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

salsbury

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2012
Long Beach, Ca
Anyone knows how long they take to ship? I ordered mine on Friday from the International Store....need to have my iPhone 5 covered for peace of mind!
Depending on what color you ordered, from my understanding some are backordered and switcheasy is waiting for their shipment to arrive. I purchased a black tones last friday and I finally got in contact with their support team to tell me they were backordered. It kind of pissed me off because on their website theirs nothing that says their out of stock or backordered. I guess ill wait and hope they ship it out this week =-/

JCCL

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2010
Depending on what color you ordered, from my understanding some are backordered and switcheasy is waiting for their shipment to arrive. I purchased a black tones last friday and I finally got in contact with their support team to tell me they were backordered. It kind of pissed me off because on their website theirs nothing that says their out of stock or backordered. I guess ill wait and hope they ship it out this week =-/

I also purchased a black one, I'll be contacting them too. Yeah, they should note that in their site. When you don't see Out of Stock, you expect stuff to ship immediately.

Thanks for the information

salsbury

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2012
Long Beach, Ca
I also purchased a black one, I'll be contacting them too. Yeah, they should note that in their site. When you don't see Out of Stock, you expect stuff to ship immediately.

Thanks for the information
exactly my thought, I had to contact them twice to actually get a clear answer they were backordered. The first response was they were having a slight delay and then the second response was they were waiting on the shipment from the factory to arrive.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for submitting your ticket.

We are experiencing a slight delay in the shipment of TONES Black due to high volume of orders.

We appreciate your patience and support in this busy time.

Sincerely,

Viktoria
SwitchEasy US Team

Viktoria (Support)

Oct 06 11:17 am (PDT)

Yes, we are waiting for a new shipment to arrive from our factory that should be already on the way via FEDEX.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience and support.

Viktoria
SwitchEasy US Team

VidPro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2011
I ordered a couple of Fridays ago and on Monday I got a tracking number. It has an estimated delivery date of the 5th. When nothing showed up on the 5th or 6th I emailed them.

They said.
We sincerely apologize if the tracking is confusing. We've processed the order, printed the shipping label ( that's when the tracking generates and the email is sent out automatically) and prepared your envelope before we run low on the inventory. We receive daily new shipments from our warehouse, so TONES Black should be back in stock very soon!

What's the point of tracking?

redrob2

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2010
Warning to those getting this case who wear jeans. My white case is turning blue on the ends from limited use.

I've only had the case for a week and it's very noticeably blue where the soft plastic is on the ends and edges (not the hard middle). These are old jeans that have been washed a million times, and I keep my phone on my desk or on a table at home, so this is really from use just walking too and from work, around a few stores and the mall once or twice for example.

mzd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
I ordered a couple of Fridays ago and on Monday I got a tracking number. It has an estimated delivery date of the 5th. When nothing showed up on the 5th or 6th I emailed them.

They said.
We sincerely apologize if the tracking is confusing. We've processed the order, printed the shipping label ( that's when the tracking generates and the email is sent out automatically) and prepared your envelope before we run low on the inventory. We receive daily new shipments from our warehouse, so TONES Black should be back in stock very soon!

What's the point of tracking?
looks like i'm in the same boat. i received the initial shipping notification last week, but when i check the tracking, it doesn't appear to be actually en route yet.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
looks like i'm in the same boat. i received the initial shipping notification last week, but when i check the tracking, it doesn't appear to be actually en route yet.

Same problem here. It's really annoying too because I thought I would get the case by today.

alatar519

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2010
Here are some quick photos.

Sorry about the framing. I only have two lenses and neither are macro. This is my closest focusing lens and it's a 35mm. I probably could have cropped but I got lazy.

could you post the wallpaper please?? I love it

thanks!

hokki1179

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2012
I had the same problem. They send you the tracking number as if it was shipped already just to keep your order. They don't even mention this (out of stock) on their website so that they can keep taking orders and get the money first, this way people wouldn't buy other company's cover. In fact, they don't have any in stock and don't even have exact date when they will get them. This kind of practice is very bad way of doing business. They know this is the peak time to sell their covers and trick the customers not to lose the orders in this very profitable time - when new phones are released. This was my first time ordering from Switcheasy and I ended up cancelling my order. I just wasted 2 weeks waiting.

Last edited:

alatar519

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2010
I had the same problem. They send you the tracking number as if it was shipped already just to keep your order. They don't even mention this (out of stock) on their website so that they can keep taking orders and get the money first, this way people wouldn't buy other company's cover. In fact, they don't have any in stock and don't even have exact date when they will them. This kind of practice is very bad way of doing business. They know this is the pick time to sell their covers and trick the customers not to lose the orders in this very profitable time - when new phones are released. This was my first time ordering from Switcheasy and I ended up cancelling my order. I just waisted 2 weeks waiting.

you are so right ..I ordered my case week ago and status stuck on CA ..and havent received the case yet... I sent them 3 email or tickets but no reply to anything.. never buying from them again..very disappointed :(

terriyaki

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2005
Vancouver

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 320

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
I might be in this boat too...does your tracking number show "Shipment Accepted" and then nothing after that?

All mine says under Status is "Electronic Notification" - that tells me that all they did was notify the USPS that a package would eventually be delivered.

hokki1179

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2012
All mine says under Status is "Electronic Notification" - that tells me that all they did was notify the USPS that a package would eventually be delivered.

That just means that they got your money and printed a postage, which creates a tracking number. That does not nean your item is shipped. Yes, it will eventually get shipped in the envelop they printed the postage, but who knows when they will get them in stock? Good luck waiting.

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
got my notification through today that my white Tones has been shipped as of today....not sure if that means its actually been shipped or not judging by a few posts on here?

bought it from the european store.

VidPro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2011
I think it's a dumb way to take orders. Give a shipping/tracking number when the product ships. I thought the thing was lost in the mail.

alatar519

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2010
Finally got reply here..

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately there is a slight delay in the shipping of TONES Black as we are waiting for a new shipment to arrive from our factory. ( we actually are expecting a shipment today)

We appreciate your patience and support in this very busy time.

Sincerely,

Jordan
SwitchEasy US Customer Service

mzd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
I think it's a dumb way to take orders. Give a shipping/tracking number when the product ships. I thought the thing was lost in the mail.

indeed. horrible customer service. the very least they should do is pro-actively inform customers who have already ordered (and paid) that they ran out of stock and there would be a delay with their order.
and they should update their site so new customers know it is out of stock and that they won't be getting their case anytime soon.
don't sell something you don't even have!

VidPro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2011
indeed. horrible customer service. the very least they should do is pro-actively inform customers who have already ordered (and paid) that they ran out of stock and there would be a delay with their order.
and they should update their site so new customers know it is out of stock and that they won't be getting their case anytime soon.
don't sell something you don't even have!

I agree about slapping an out of stock note on the site. I'd probably still order because of the reviews but I would have looked for a cheapie case to get me through until it shipped. Oh well.

dtuck90

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2012
Recieved my black Tones case in the UK today. Bought it from the European store last Saturday and was shipped on Thursday. It is fantastic.

VidPro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2011
Recieved my black Tones case in the UK today. Bought it from the European store last Saturday and was shipped on Thursday. It is fantastic.

Great! Is it as difficult to remove as some are saying?

dtuck90

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2012
Great! Is it as difficult to remove as some are saying?

theres a definite knack to doing it but I wouldn't say its hard. And the good thing is that because the rim is the softer rubberised plastic this shouldn't scratch or scuff the phone when the case is taken off

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.