SwitchEasy TRIM Modification...To Bumper?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Austin M., Jan 15, 2011.

1. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

I'm thinking about removing the back panel of my TRIM and turn it into a bumper, any thoughts?

2. i3igsmooth5769 macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

seems like it could work..looks as if most of the support comes from the tpu material....give it a try and report back.

3. SESpy macrumors regular

SESpy

I would like to see what turns out of this idea :)

4. Austin M. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

After looking at it for a little while, it won't work. Th back piece is actually on the inside of the TPU and the TPU actually wraps around the back panel on the outside of the case, so if I were to take off the back piece, the would be a little bit of a gap between the back of the phone and the backside TPU.

It would have looked really cool. Maybe SwitchEasy will make a TRIM EX? ;) Hahaha. :D

5. techdude6693 macrumors 6502

Or a switcheasy TRIM Frame :p

6. Austin M. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Yeah, after doing my video review, I wore the case for a few hours and I keep coming back to t more and more, I would love to see a bumper version.

7. Sir Sensei macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I really dig the case, though I feel like the ridges aren't really necessary for grip since the material itself is already pretty grippy. I'm still hoping that Switcheasy comes out with their own bumper case.

8. TEHi macrumors regular

The TRIM is made with TPU, too hard for a bumper and will not offer shock absorbsion like silicones ones.

Plus the matte back looks nice, why would you want to take it off?