Switcheasy TRIM or Vulcan?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by techdude6693, Jan 19, 2011.

1. techdude6693 macrumors 6502

Hey guys, I'm planning on buying either a Orange TRIM or Black Vulcan from switcheasy. Which one should I buy?

2. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

3. techdude6693 thread starter macrumors 6502

Lol, Switcheasy doesn't send products to reviewers. I haven't tried or seen either, so I wanted to know which one you guys like better.

4. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

SwitchEasy TRIM hands down. Rocking it right now!

5. techdude6693 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea, that's the one I'm leaning towards, The vulcan looks nice but its not really something that Stands out IMO, vs the Trim looks cool and a bit different than most things

6. dancedreamfly macrumors member

I'd go with the TRIM, since the Vulcan just looks like an ordinary TPU case. I love the TRIM so much, I have two (one black and one white).

7. techdude6693 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea, my thoughts too. Going to put in an order for the TRIM in Orange

8. n20nine macrumors member

have the trim, love it. only issue is that you get ridiculous amount of dust between the ridges and its hard to clean. looks terrible.

9. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

I prefer the Vulcan. It is slimmer than the Trim and the TPU is scratch resistant.

Given the fact that you do case reviws you should geth both.

10. techdude6693 thread starter macrumors 6502

I might end up getting a Vulcan later down the road. From reviews of the TRIM i've heard there's a couple issues - that it gets dirty, the "ridges" feel sharp, and they attract dust and lint

11. mikejr824 macrumors newbie

Switcheasy trim

I just received my Switcheasy Trim case for iPhone 4 this week and must say so far it's my favorite case. I have many cases and this case is just awesome it really is great. You won't be upset with this purchase.

12. gokart mozart macrumors 6502

My sister got a blue one recently. Most of the reviews I've read regarding it getting dirty seemed to be with the white model (one reviewer even said their jeans turned the bumper blue). I feel like the sharpness of the ridge is really up to personal preference and how sensitive your hands are. Its definitely not the usual rounded edge, but it adds grip. How much lint you notice probably has more to do with the color of the case. My sister loves her blue one, and I must admit that it looks good. Also seems more protective than the Vulcan would be. I almost got the orange one for my white iphone, but I'm a clutz so I went for the Rebel.

13. vietalogy macrumors 6502

Why not rebel? I had the Vulcan and it's basically a expensive tpu case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. scorpio1973 macrumors 6502a

I really love the TRIM. I have the white one on my white iPhone now. It's great protection without adding bulk. I might have to get more colors.