Switcheasy Trim vs. CapsuleRebel

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Lihi, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Lihi macrumors newbie

I currently own the Incipio NGP matte and I think it's a great case, but the fact that it makes the iphone 4 so bulky really bothers me, so i decided to try something else.

I had the Vulcan for a day and i really hated it for 2 reason -
    - i'm not sure it offers good protection
    - the fingerprints.. my god the fingerprints. drove me mad.

i'm a little intimidated by the CapsuleRebel because of it looks. I'm a girl, and there's something really aggressive in the design, the only thing that makes me think twice is the purple color. It seems like it offers a really nice grip and amazing protection.

on the other hand, the Trim really looks nice, but i'm worried about the amount of protection it gives. seems like it resembles to the Vulcan in this area..

What do you say?

2. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

I say go with the TRIM. It offers a lot more grip and good protection.

3. TEHi macrumors regular

+1 trim

It doesnt look as tough as the rebel but it offers great protection. I've dropped my phone many times in this case..

4. Lihi thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you guys

another question..
    is the Odyssey worth checking?

having a really hard time to choose..

5. Autokon macrumors 6502

Autokon

TRIM. Love it. Using the Blue one this very moment... :cool:

6. TEHi macrumors regular

No, stay away from this case. It looks great and offers tons of grip, but after few days the TPU part and the rear piece will get stained, mine got red from marker dot in my hand and now I can't remove that.

And if you get the TRIM, buy it in black or dark colors because it will get stained too.

7. centavar macrumors member

I love my black capsule rebel. Beautiful, no fingerprints whatsoever and offers an amazing protection(and greatly improved grip). However since you'r a girl it may not appeal to you that much :p

8. Walse macrumors member

I second to centavar that the capsule rebel is a great case. Im currently with the black one.

However there are things to note. The case can be quite slippery at times due to the materials used, the design On the back does provide grip to an extent. The TPU inner casing can get permanently scratched by the outer spine real easily. I already got the corners and one of the exposed sections on the back scratched up while removing the case for cleaning.

With all this said, I still say this is a great case. Not at all that agressive once the phone is in, there's a variety of colors to choose from. Choose a more feminine color. :)

9. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

IMO, the CR isn't very big, it's quite slim, and won't offer much drop protection.

10. Walse macrumors member

If drop protection is the priority, one of rugged cases offered by the various makes would be a better choice. I'm currently deciding On getting one too, just don't know which one yet. :confused:

11. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

After watching the Griffin Survivor video, I honestly don't know what to think.

12. Walse macrumors member

Hahaha. Would u buy one? I think this is definitely a functional case, only have to consider the practicality factor.

13. JASApplications macrumors 65816

Trim FTW. In my opinion, one of Switcheasy's best cases!